Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Programmable Features

Any hear have a list of programmable features I can have on my new Sportback when I get it? I know the new ones come pre-programmed to auto lock the doors above 10 mph. I have only the drivers door unlock on the remote key - press again to unlock the other doors - this is on my missus's A2.

Are there any other features that can be programmed in?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Uber Post Whore

Status

Re: Programmable Features

On my key fobbe thing, if i press it 3 times it starts the car.

Neutral

Status

mine if I press it 4 times....

Reverse Gear

Status

i personally hate the selective unlocking - especially when the autolock feature is active.

The idea i think is to ensure that you only unlock the drivers door, and therefore minimise the risk of car jacking or handbag / laptop getting swiped from passenger seat or boot whilst at the lights, but if you've got autolock then all doors are locked when you set off.

I got somebody with a VW vag-com puter to doctor my golfs locking so it was one click ALL unlock, then add in the autolock at 10kph. If the a3 i buy has selective unlocking then i'll ask the dealer if they can turn this off.

When my new A3 3-door was delivered in July 2004 it came with the One-click, all doors and tailgate unlocked and no auto-locking. I arranged for the dealer to add the auto- locking and left the One-click as it was.

Personally I much prefer this arrangement, but my wife prefers the selective unlocking and has her Polo programmed accordingly.

1st Gear

Status

Did you programme the car to start with the key fob? Are you fooling around? If not how do you turn the car off?

In some markets the A3 can be fitted with an Auxillary Heating and Ventilation system. This works in conjuction with the air conditioning, but does not rely on heat from the engine. Instead the system burns fuel. It's main function is to warm up or cool down the interior of the vehicle and to help defrost the windows in cold weather.

The system can be pre-programmed using the DIS display and/or using a remote control.

Don't think it's available for the UK market.

3rd Gear

Status

yup, available in france... burns fuel to heat interior, like an "Eberspacher" and ventilates when it's hot outside.