Is it possible to disable parking sensors?

SootyTDI

Reaction score
Anybody know how to temporarily the parking sensors or least to turn the volume down would be good so nobody else can hear the 'idiot reversing tone'?

My cars in with the dealers for a week or so, and the loan one I've got has them fitted.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

If the car you have is a facelift and has the white dials, in the extended dis menu there is a portion of it that allows you to adjust the volume and sound of the parking sensors...

Cheers both

Mike, its a rather nice loan car, an s-line cabriolet so I'm happy to hang onto it :yes:

Scott, as its only got 300 miles on the clock, I'll go have a play with the DIS, I have a VAGCOM but was hoping to avoid playing with the dealers car in that respect.

I've calmed down a little now. We've got a narrow garage and I have to fold the mirrors in as I'm reversing, and I found having a high pitched continuous tone blasting down my ear rather distracting.

Much better, its still on but the volume is now 1 as opposed to 9 and tone is also 1 as opposed to 8!

Is there a way to turn it down on the prefacelift models? It is rather loud but would rather have it there than off completely