It's mine... my sportback... my precious!

synthdood

Reaction score
Yesss, it has finally arrived /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
Yesterday afternoon I picked up my brand spanking new Sportback and boy is it beautiful! When I arrived at the dealership it was standing outside waiting for me. The instant I saw it, all my doubts about the choice of colour, the choice of wheels, the choice of cloth were gone. It is absolutely stunning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

It is definately a head turner: I've seen people in the street staring at it. Of course all of my colleages think it is beautiful. This afternoon I even got a call from a girl from another department to tell me how beautiful she thought it was. (I never get calls from girls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif ) I found it hard to keep myself from grinning uncontrolably all day today.

It was late in the day when I picked it up and I put the first 150 km on the clock in the dark, totally mesmerized. This must be one of the best looking dashboards i've ever seen. My sportback has the interiour lights package and the auto dimming mirror. Absolutely wonderful stuff!

The engine, although only a simple 2.0FSI, pulls so much better that the 1.6 I'm used to. The dealer advices me to take it easy the first 1500 km and not to take it above 3500rpm, but it takes a lot of effort to control myself. It is just so quiet and pulls so well, that I have to keep my eye on the meters all the time just to make sure I don't rev it too high.

Anyway, I could ramble on for hours. Happy as a little kid. Hopefully the weather stays good enough over the next couple of days to take it somewhere nice and take some photos. I'm sure you don't mind me showing off my precious here once I've got the pictures sorted out.

Congrats mate, still waiting for mine. Looking forward to the interior and exterior pics! Could we have a pic of her rear end as well please!

I was hoping to get some pictures done this weekend, but at the moment the weather is foul. It is storming and raining. Not the best of circumstances for taking photos... I promise to take them as soon as possible.

By the way: After only 3 days of ownwership I can't begin to desribe how much I love it! Everytime I drive it, it feels like a dream. I still can not believe that I actually own such fine and great looking piece of machinery.

The weather cleared up nicely today so I got the chance to take some photos. I can't seem to upload any images to the gallery at the moment, so I will post a few directly to the forum. Here is the first one:

The phone holder is actually the standard hands-free kit from Nokia for my 3510 and the bracket is an Audi part. I had the kit removed from my Vectra and installed in the A3. The whole job was done by my Audi dealer. They've done a good job. I actually think it looks better than the factory kit. The sales guy advised me to do it this way since it is a lot cheaper option than the factory kit.

The kit also mutes the radio/cd and runs through the speakers. It sounds a lot better than it did in the Vectra, where it ran through its own little amp/speaker that was in the passenger footwell.

All in all.. another area of my Audi that puts a big smile on my face. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Cheers for the replies guys.

Just don't want to fit another dashmount fitting againing in the Audi - the one in my r32 doesn't fir too great and where it's quite a large amount of metal in it to form the curve etc it vibrates!

J.

Same colour and interior trim that I went for, only I have a 3 dr. Im also delighted with the car!