S3 Clutch Kick - Is This Normal???

Joolz

Reaction score
Hi, i have 2008 57 plate S3, 45k. When you are going from 1st through to 4th the clutch pedal comes up a bit then "kicks" back. When it does this the rev counter drops 500rpm. It can be quite severe but not so much under 2000rpm. I have just had the clutch replaced as the flywheel was sticking and thought this might have cured the kick but its still there. Are all S3's like this? Is it a design fault or what? My car also needed a new propshaft, and now there is a whine from the diff which i think was masked from the vibration from the propshaft!! Gid quality cars these Audi's eh?!!

Id like to hear from anyone else if they have this clutch kick-back, thanks

"I have just had the clutch replaced as the flywheel was sticking "

Not sure i get this bit ?

It was in the garage and they investigated the clutch and gearbox to see what the fault was. It was the flywheel that was sticking so they didnt just replace the flywheel, they replaced the clutch AND the flywheel. Sorry that wasnt clear but you would think you would know what i meant

Yea because i am a mind reader. If you want people on here to help you really need to lose the attitude. sounds to me like a sticking piston seal in the master cylinder.