Engine cover removal and N249/DV location on 2.0tfsi

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
As above chaps, just trying to search for the cause of my recent N249 fault, upon lifting the bonnet it isnt immediately obvious where these items are and indeed how to remove the engine cover.... it all looks integrated :readit:

haha the engine cover is a fun thing!!
you need to unbolt the air feed, thast a couple screws, torx heads tho! and then lots of brute force!
if you run your hands under the edge of it, you will feel the mounting points, thats where you have to pull or you run the risk of snapping it

what the hell were they expecting....surely two plastic screws would have sufficed :)

haha
its seriously tough to get off, really have to give it some guts, but it does shift, once youve got it off you may as well fit a CAI :p

The DV on my 07 car was at the front of the engine bay in the middle between the engine block & the radiator. It was visible even with the engine cover on. Engine cover itself should pull off (once you've unclipped / uscrewed the inlet pipe of course) but might need a good firm upwards tug if it's not been off before. So to speak...

Just get a Forge / Evoms DV fitted - you know you want to.

Beaten by the nimble fingered Jungleman there!

haha noooo......... not yet ;) especially as my Aviva policy will skyrocket when any mods get added - thats why its not in my interest to find out if its mapped :)

how loud is the Evoms DV by the way?

It's really quiet. I only get any noise at full bore, when there's a little bit of the old chipmunk chatter when I lift off, but as my CAI is pretty much fully encased (as much as it can be anyway) it's dead quiet & if I come off the power slightly more smoothly, there's no noise at all.

With the Evoms I just wanted to do something different to the usual Forge thing. It came recommended & I read how Steve at Stattler seemed happy with his one, so thought if it's good enough for the best, it'll do for me...

Get yerself down there Tim. The Jungleman's right as well - you may as well fit a CAI now. There's plenty up for sale. It'd be rude not to... :whistle2:

ah cool, be something to look at then, something to complement my Evoms CAI

Put copper grease on the locating lugs when you put the cover back on, a bit of lubrication makes it easier to remove in the future