Alloy Pedals?

dan77

dan77
Reaction score
are the alloys pedals from accross the vag range the same ie leon golf etc is there any difference between petrol/diesel or anything i should be aware of seen a set of a leon goin cheap just wonderin if they will fit?

yep thats the set, just bought them, cheers smoothie, thats another thing ticked off the list!

This is my next purchase/mod. Been looking around a few of the threads and can't come across a step by step guide to replace, I know the brake and clutch pedals are just a matter of prizing it off but need to know how to replace the accelerator pedal?

Sorry, when it comes to technical duties, I have no idea when it comes to cars

This is my next purchase/mod. Been looking around a few of the threads and can't come across a step by step guide to replace, I know the brake and clutch pedals are just a matter of prizing it off but need to know how to replace the accelerator pedal?

Sorry, when it comes to technical duties, I have no idea when it comes to cars

as far i know its pretty simple, once i have done it, if i have any problem fitting ill post a guide with solutions

The ones I bought of ebay fit perfectly, but if I remember correctly there was a VW sticker on the accelerator pedal. As said above its easy to do once you look at the new pedal assembly. The hardest part was removing the origional pedal without breaking the clips off.

yep these are great upgrade and make a huge difference to the interior. i also brought them of ebay. Dan just remember when disconnecting the cable from accelerator that you have to push and hold the tab down on the clip until you hear a sound. It will then just slide off, otherwise it wont come off...it took me ages to work that one out!! lol

Also to remove the accelerator pedal from the floor, you have to slide a thin screwdriver in the slots at the bottom to push te tabs to release it. Use your new pedal as a guide to see where the tabs are located under the pedal.

yep these are great upgrade and make a huge difference to the interior. i also brought them of ebay. Dan just remember when disconnecting the cable from accelerator that you have to push and hold the tab down on the clip until you hear a sound. It will then just slide off, otherwise it wont come off...it took me ages to work that one out!! lol

Also to remove the accelerator pedal from the floor, you have to slide a thin screwdriver in the slots at the bottom to push te tabs to release it. Use your new pedal as a guide to see where the tabs are located under the pedal.
Thanks for further information

Sorry to bump the thread but does anyone know please? ^

Looking to order soon!

Sorry to bump the thread but does anyone know please? ^

Looking to order soon!

When you place the order I think you have a box where you advise them whether you them for manual or DSG transmission :)

Alternatively ring and speak to Dave @ Stoke. Very helpful chap :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks, only reason I was going to get them from the dealer was I don't know which sellers on eBay are reputable...any links please?

Thanks again for the links, seems a good seller but 13-25 day delivery! :faint:

for the guys that wanted info on how to fit accelerator pedal, its pretty simple really just awkward, its easy if you can look at the clips on the new pedal to see what needs pushin where, so here goes

Things you'll need -
-10mm socket and ratchet handle
-A couple of various sized flat blade screw drivers
-something to kneel on
-A hoover

Step 1 , Undo 10mm bolt ( under plastic cover on inside edge of pedal )

Step 2, Poke suitable size screwdrives in the little channels on underside of pedals and wiggle (the straight one is easy its the one you have to move sideways thats awkward)

Step 3, now the pedals is loose you can move it round to gain easier acces to the connector, theres a little grey bit on the connector that need pushin in quite hard to free the connector,

Step 4, get the hoover out and clean all the crap under where the pedal sits (not essential but i did it anyway)

Step 5, fit new pedals and admire how much nicer it looks

Hope this helps people out

Last edited:
Good write up I did this yesterday like you say not hard just awkward

Has anyone had trouble with the connector? No matter how hard I push the little grey release clip, the connector just won't budge. It took me half an hour of swearing until I gave in. Has anyone got any tips or ideas before I take it to my local vag Garage?

Hi rockape, push it in as hard as u can and hold. you should then hear a click noise after a few secs. You will now be able to easily slide the connector off.

It was really tough on mine just persevere with it, I nearly gave up but after a little break and lots of swearing I managed to get it off, those eBay ones are a bargain if they really are genuine

Last edited:
Cheers guys Ill give it another go when my sore thumb ends have healed lol. So do you have to hold the release in and pull at the same time? Why do they make these things so difficult!

Cheers guys Ill give it another go when my sore thumb ends have healed lol. So do you have to hold the release in and pull at the same time? Why do they make these things so difficult!

As per reply below, hold it in until you hear click. tab will then stay in place..just slide off after.

Hi rockape, push it in as hard as u can and hold. you should then hear a click noise after a few secs. You will now be able to easily slide the connector off.

Enjoyed reading this as changing the foot pedals is top of my list of things to change on my 8P A3. Is it just the S3 pedals that can be fitted or are there any other (upgraded) ones that will also fit?

Are they really around £130 from a dealer? I get that figure because the price on that ebay link is £99.99 + £10.00 delivery and Ibis Edition says get this to save £20!

The guide above is great but one with pictures would really help me (I need all the help I can get :laugh:). Does anyone know if one exists?

I also want to change the foot rest as well as the pedals.

Cheers

Wonker

Enjoyed reading this as changing the foot pedals is top of my list of things to change on my 8P A3. Is it just the S3 pedals that can be fitted or are there any other (upgraded) ones that will also fit?

Are they really around £130 from a dealer? I get that figure because the price on that ebay link is £99.99 + £10.00 delivery and Ibis Edition says get this to save £20!

The guide above is great but one with pictures would really help me (I need all the help I can get :laugh:). Does anyone know if one exists?

Cheers

Wonker

Read post 13

Cheers

Wonker
Had mine delivered, took about 2 weeks I think. All fitted now, they look great

Read post 13

Is this in reference to my 'Is it just S3 pedals' question? I did read that post mate and I could see that guide was for an Automatic. I'm not as clued up as you so I didn't know if that guide was any good for my 56 plate A3 2.0tdi 170 S-line Quattro. I am just curious to know what other pedals would fit on my particular model.

Had mine delivered, took about 2 weeks I think. All fitted now, they look great

Did you take any pictures of the process? :sm4:

I take you got the ones on the bay for £110 delivered? I'm sure I've read somewhere on here that you can get them cheaper than that...or did I dream it? :laugh:

Anyway, as you live only a couple of miles away from me I may pop down for some 'advice and guidance' :laugh:

Cheers

Wonker

All sorted. The tab/clip staying in place was the missing link:laugh: Cheers guys!

Just bought some S3 Pedels from the Ebay link, but they are for an automatic DSG and mine's a manual.... doh!
Anyway want to buy these from me, when they arrive?

George

Did you take any pictures of the process? :sm4:

I take you got the ones on the bay for £110 delivered? I'm sure I've read somewhere on here that you can get them cheaper than that...or did I dream it? :laugh:

Anyway, as you live only a couple of miles away from me I may pop down for some 'advice and guidance' :laugh:

Cheers

Wonker
I didn't no sorry, I just followed the above link, found it fairly easy and I'm like you, I haven't a clue when it comes to cars!

Yeah, that's what I paid, there are places you can get them cheaper but I can't remember though. I don't mind paying a little extra though as long as the service is good which it was.

If you get any problems PM me. I'm up Pontypridd Golf Club every now and then which I don't think is far from you (Could be wrong) so if help is needed I don't mind trying to help. As said though if you do follow the link you shouldn't really come across any problems. The only problem I came across was removing the pedal from the bottom, it felt like the clips were going to snap but a little of effort did the job nicely

I didn't no sorry, I just followed the above link, found it fairly easy and I'm like you, I haven't a clue when it comes to cars!

Yeah, that's what I paid, there are places you can get them cheaper but I can't remember though. I don't mind paying a little extra though as long as the service is good which it was.

If you get any problems PM me. I'm up Pontypridd Golf Club every now and then which I don't think is far from you (Could be wrong) so if help is needed I don't mind trying to help. As said though if you do follow the link you shouldn't really come across any problems. The only problem I came across was removing the pedal from the bottom, it felt like the clips were going to snap but a little of effort did the job nicely

Cheers mate

I'm from Miskin, near Pontyclun but I work in Abercynon which is close to Ponty. I don't know when I'll be getting them as they are just one of the things on the list :laugh: but if I need help I'll give you a shout. :icon_thumright:

Wonker