Getting rid of tints

jon208

Reaction score
Hopefully my final numpty question for a while.....

One of the cars I'm looking at is a black edition sportback. Personally I'm not keen on the heavy tint the black edition gives the rear side windows.

Do any of you wise people have a rough idea how much I'd be looking at to get all the heavily tinted black edition side glass (from B pillar back) swapped for the standard lightly tinted Audi glass? Looks like it's three separate bits of glass on each side?

Thanks in advance.
Jon

Come and swap it with me ?Just costs you to get it changed :)
Or we could do it ? Where abouts are you ?

Last edited:
good idea above
from audi or any glass fitter your lookin at loads ££££££££££££££

Come and swap it with me ?Just costs you to get it changed :)
Or we could do it ? Where abouts are you ?

Don't think you could get any better advice/offer. I'd go for it, regardless of where the person lives good day out :)

I agree great idea, but check compat with etka, as minor things change on parts between years & would be a pita stripping to find they dont fit.

Doesnt mean allot tbh Steve mate with car manufacturers, I've seen parts change minimally within the year & in fact seen parts change on same release as such, to coin a phrase, better safe than sorry

Doesnt mean allot tbh Steve mate with car manufacturers, I've seen parts change minimally within the year & in fact seen parts change on same release as such, to coin a phrase, better safe than sorry

Seems as you know so much about everything Audi maybe you could find out for us ?,save us some time .But We will be making sure they fit with a pro window fitter prior to any messing around in any case .

If I get any spare time I'll have a gander in etka for you, but cant guarantee atm as head will be deep in cars for a while.

Dont worry pal i am 99% sure there will be no diference .Having discussed this aready elsewhere .Its not definate until Jon buys his car in any case ;-)