140 S Line Chrome Exhaust Tail Pipes?

pazaz

Reaction score
Is it possible to change the 140 pipes for the 170 straight chrome type? they just look so much sweeter !

Im sure this has been poted previously but couldnt find.

It has been posted before but not sure where!

I really do not understand why Audi have introduced the single exhaust. It looks feeble and I quite understand why people want to upgrade. BUT.... Tell your insurer if you do (and ask before on the effect on your Insurance) and more importantly really ask yourself WTF... I sit in my car most of the time... is it worth several hunfred pounds prettending I have a 170... I think not.... save your money towards the full package in a year ot two..:unsure:

I don't think it's about pretending to have a 170, it's more what you think looks better.

If you want to pretend, get a remap to 175 bhp!

twin exhaust will look sweeter yeah and it will give the aggresive look it wont go up to hunderd my opinion all you need is twin muffler tip £20 take it to a garage or body shop , some body shop can tag/weld and ofcourse modify your bumper £50 i know places in north London

and its not about pretanding no one will notice if your car is 140 or 170 and that some people spend thousands for s3 look and its not about pretanding but is what you like and what looks good on your car ;)

Last edited:
i dont think he means single to double exhaust, just droopy to straight, my 140 already has twin exhaust but they point down and the 170's are straight, i think thats what hes getting at, any decent exhaust place should be able to do it,

well there are some exhaust pointing straight in 140 if thats the case u can easy change it with mufflers but if its pointing down then changing the back box is the case or cut and weld the two pipes with straight ones

im thinking of doing the same - will find a decent exhaust place and just get a new tip welded on though!

mines a 170 and the exhausts face down :S

You sure his exhaust is standard?

i thought all 170's had strait pipes only the 140's have the down pipes , any custom exhaust place will be able to do it for you when i got my votex rear diffuser for my car i had to have new twin pipes fitted on mine but couldnt pay the £200 odd quid audi wanted so went to an exhuast place and they welded a single (mine is a 1.6 with a single exhaust) into twin pipe onto it for around £60 i think all in so they will be able to weld two strit pipe onto your existing exhaust no probs at all

i think all 8P2s regardless of spec had downturned tailpipes.

8P3 S-Lines have straight chrome ones. non-S-Lines have downturned pipes.

MY11+ 140s have single exhaust, 170s have dual exhaust.

and @PilotAudi, it's not about pretending to have a 170, the dual exhaust looks better. are ppl who drive 8P2 140s with dual exhausts from the factory pretending to have a 170 as well? :tocktock:

anyhow, yes it's possible. from memory i think you need to saw off the downturned tailpipe and then attach the chrome tips to the ends. if you have a single exhaust might be worthwhile getting a prefacelift OEM exhaust because they've got the dual pipes. they should be relatively easy to come by - just ask someone who's got an aftermarket exhaust for their left overs lol.

best of luck

S.

Last edited:
and @PilotAudi, it's not about pretending to have a 170, the dual exhaust looks better. :tocktock:

S.
got it in 1 i 100% agree thats why i had mine done when i got my votex rear fitted it looked stupid with the single pipe so had to have a twin does that mean im pretending too pilotaudi lmfao

I thought all 170 cars were DPF hence why they had straight exhausts... 140's had droopy pipes but DPF was an option so straight pipes were then fitted..

I think Audi do pipe trims for the A3 so maybe worth a phone call.

a cursory glance on Autotrader indicates you may be right for the 8P3 cars, but 8P2 170s all had downturned exhausts