hids xenon headlights easy to fit?

jayhall

Reaction score
hi guys was toyin with the ideas of aftermarket drls recently but after disscussion on ere the general conclusion is they chav and not all tht good.
has anyone fitted or experienced the hid kits you can buy and if they are easy to fit?
cheers again jay

very easy to fit
plug an play

hid are easy to fit on any car mate ! exept the one you wish to fit them on lol , search the forum for a3 hid .... must be hundreds of threads lol

Dont bother, fit oem or none at all, as apart from possible dis warnings, as last link showed, wiper motor gets blown on most, £300 part alone.

Dont bother, fit oem or none at all, as apart from possible dis warnings, as last link showed, wiper motor gets blown on most, £300 part alone.
10000% agree with this ive had it happen to me its not a cheap fix at all i kept on getting bulb out warnings then my wipers were stopping and starting then they gave up all together its not worth it

I tried and failed. The HIDS supplier provided a relay kit to protect the wiper motor. Couldn't clear the bulb failure alarm for both front dipped lights. Also brake lights came on after a few seconds and wouldn't extinguish. Also tried VCDS to disable lamp testing, and trying to convince the computer that HIDS were fitted. Still failed. Returned the lights in the end.