Miltek DP and CAT mated with standard CAT back?

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
As the thread title suggests chaps....is this a possible way to go in my quest to keep the car looking as OEM as possible?

From what i have read the restriction appears to be the DP - i remember the 8L back boxes being quite freeflowing and wouldnt be suprised if the 8P was the same. Obviously theres the 2.5" standard pipe to consider but 3" is more than adequate for most BT conversions leading me to believe that the 2.5" should be ok for anything up to stage 2+ maybe.....thoughts?

There is no reason it can't be done and I'm
99% sure someone has done it already, but with the Milltek jet tips it looks pretty OEM and that way you have the full system.

Tim I'm sure this has been done before. There's a chap jamie who had a s3 now has a ttrs. Might be worth asking him. He's on vagoc mostly these days.

I think im going to have to finally get my Vagoc wings :) cheers Rav

Jungle.....I had the Miltek back box on before, whilst it did look OEM....you could tell it wasn't and so wanted to keep the rear silencer (plus i dont mind the noise as it is)

I feel a custom backbox could be in order. Full OEM look with better flow and a bit more noise, tho think the dp adds a few db.
In theory tho as the cat back system fits to the dp via a reducer surely the same reducer will do the same job in the opposite way round.

you'd think so....... I might have to have this discussion with JBS and a couple of other places, obviously i am warey of being 'sold' but would like an opinion nevertheless - Just joined Vagoc, forum doesnt move much in thee does it :)

give milltek a call as well, from what ive heard they are pretty free with advice and not overly pushy
haha yea its not as active on there, but there is a serious amount of knowledge kicking around on there (a lot of heavily modified cars) so you will get good advice over there

Think that's the setup that JamieKip had on his S3. I would have gone that way until a cheap lightly used TBE came up.

I got two different opinions from two different Milltek tech guys as to how to convert it from a SB zorst to my 3dr though, so their advice isn't always right first time...

AMD advised me not to do this, yet Jamiekip ran this setup and sung its praises so each to thier own!

cheers guys.... yeah Rye i think thats most likely the sales kicking in, im always weary of that...that said they might be right, be interesting to see if i can dig out Jamiekips emails

Logic suggests that if 3" is good enough for 500bhp then 2.5" is more than adequate for 2+

cheers guys.... yeah Rye i think thats most likely the sales kicking in, im always weary of that...that said they might be right, be interesting to see if i can dig out Jamiekips emails

Logic suggests that if 3" is good enough for 500bhp then 2.5" is more than adequate for 2+

you say that, but i was asking AMD whether it would be ok to install a DP so that i could go stage 2+ (£700+) and they said no if your gonna go with just one part go with Catback (£420) so downselling if anything.. they are real good like that AMD

was there the other week in the waiting area and they came up to a guy who had a highly tuned Fabia RS.... Shaun basically said "look ive just been out in your car & tbh i dont think we can make it any faster, therefore id feel bad taking your £400" (remap) and sent the guy on his way!

in that case then that may be a positive from their end......

So he suggested TB for you instead of just the DP - assuming mated to the standard system like i am asking?

in that case then that may be a positive from their end......

So he suggested TB for you instead of just the DP - assuming mated to the standard system like i am asking?

yep, he basically said no point doing Milltek DP + standard Catback... either full TBE or CB...

i thought i'd read somewhere that the DP was the main restriction on the 8P............infact im sure i did