Newbie needing some info/guide

Matt_xr

Reaction score
Hi

Im new here and looking for some advice. I know you must get loads of these threads everyday but cant seem to find an answer by doing a search.
Me and the missus are looking at buying an A3 2.0tdi S-Line, now i have spotted one for sale and was just wondering if it is priced right.
Its a 2006 55reg 2.0tdi 140 Quattro S-Line, has got 60k on the clock, heated leather seats, sat nav, 6cd autochanger, bose, centre armrest, cruise control, auto xenon headlights, auto dimming mirror. Full audi service history and 12 months MOT. Its up at £10,500.

Is this a good deal?
Is there anything i should be looking out for when i go and view it?
Sorry if there is a buying guide somewhere and i have missed it, if there is would some one mind posting a link please?

Thanks in advance

Matt

hi welcome to the forum hope it helps you as much as it has me , on the car that does sound about right for the year and it has got a good spec so i would think its a good deal but obviously try and get them down to 10k or lower the lower the better lol got any pics of the car in question mate

yeah just had a look at the pics and it hasnt got oem xenon's fitted as said make sure it hasnt got aftermarket ones as they blow your wiper motor , but it looks a tidy car tho mate is it a private sale or a garage selling the car ?

Thanks guys.
Think its a private sale mate, havent spoke to the guy yet though, thought i'd come on here and ask for some advice as i've only owned older cars and dont really fancy getting ripped off for 10k. So did the car not come with Xenons as standard? Is there anything else you guys can see that i should question or does the rest look good?

Thanks again
Matt

no nearly everything on audi's is options and they can rack up too alot of money i bet you with the list of options with that car the new price was prob 25k or more , it does look a nice car tho have to be fair have a drive of it if you really like and obviously make sure all the paper work ,servicing, mot etc.. are all in good order and try and cut a deal with the guy

Sorry but once you reach 65k and 5 years old the options dont really come in to it price wise. 2nd hand prices are plucked out the sky so it comes down to what its worth to you ? things like heated seats might be worth a £100 to some people and £0 to others ( like me ).

I just think that it comes down to what it is worth you and if its what you want. The price is always negotiable. a quick look through the Audi used car site shows 2006 A3 2.0tdi's at about half that mileage for a couple of k more. That would be more important to me as you can add most extras later. ( RNSE,cruise, etc)

yeah thats true mate i bought my own car over one with full leather because i prefer half leather / alcantara