project A3,,,,DUB low life!!

luke1987

Air Ride is for Ballers!!
Reaction score
ok so i thought it was about time i did a build thread for my a3 :thumbsup:
well i bought the car in january 2009 and didnt plan on doing anything to it,,,,famous last words!!! its an audi a3 s-line 2.0tdi 140hp. once i got in to the modding scene the first thing was to get some lows going on!! i got some v-maxx coilovers and dropped them as far as possible.

car.jpg

ran the car for a few weeks before the pull of slapping some 19s on it got too strong, i managed to get some 19'' audi s8 reps and wrapped these in 215/35/19 tyres,

19cc926a.jpg

6d138094.jpg

the car was starting to look really nice but i knew i wanted to up my game in the stance and wheels game, i managed to get a set of kw v2 stainless coilys of a certain individual :wub: and tbh the difference was unreal!!!! a few weeks later the wheel situation kept popping in to my mind, i knew i wanted a split rim but wanted to keep the OEM look so i settled on a set of genuine bbs speedline splits finished in satin gray, running 9s at the back and 8.5s at the front,

this pic was after just putting the wheels on and me and N8 was starting to detail the car,,,

f583006c.jpg

must say the car looked awesome once it had been detailed, really brought the paintwork to life!!

DSC_1088.jpg

DSC_1089.jpg

7f037423.jpg

during the course of this transformation i also had it remapped by shark performance and a custom stainless cat back that soon will be full turbo back.
also this weekend the new seats are going in and then being retrimmed so ill keep you all updated on that one,,,

cheeky taster pic :ninja:
ad6b37c7.jpg

got loads of plans in the next few months so ill keep adding to the thread
thanks for looking guys

Last edited:
Its brilliant to see someone really enjoying what they are doing and getting a ton of satisfaction back as well. Keep us updated mate. :)

Car looks the mutts as ive said before. Looking forward to seeing the seats in & retrimmed! also the rest of you plans.:wub:

your car looks quality luke very nicely done im getting some v-maxx coilovers at the end of the month are they good quality i cant aford kw or eibach yet so v-maxx it is , im going on 19's soon for the summer got to be lloking good for the summer know what i mean lol keep up the good work matey

Do you have a link to the wheels you're selling? I'm tempted by the 5 spokes, and those reps look pretty good!

Sweet looking ride man!
Inspired me to get my mods done asap!

Sweet looking ride man!
Inspired me to get my mods done asap!

Looks spanking now mate, one stupid question tho! How the heck do you lift the wipers when cleaning ??? You flick the switch so they move up abit? Mine touch bonnet and won't go up.

Looks spanking now mate, one stupid question tho! How the heck do you lift the wipers when cleaning ??? You flick the switch so they move up abit? Mine touch bonnet and won't go up.

thats service position mate, put key in ignition, turn it but dont start car and then press wiper stalk down ;-)

Reactions: joeburgess1
thats service position mate, put key in ignition, turn it but dont start car and then press wiper stalk down ;-)

That's not how I get mine into the service position !

My way is :- Turn ignition 'off' and within 5 seconds flick wiper switch down. When in service position you can remove key.

car looks well man. great wheel choice, both the s8 reps and splits look slick!

Tidy, tidy looking motor. Love the speedlines, a lot. S5 seats are tasty and comfy as ****.

Luke your car looks sweet, these pictures don't do it justice, looks so much better in the 'flesh'

Looking forward to seeing it progress mate

Nice looking car mate. Don't see many light silver A3's on here, same colour as mine.
Are those MY09 rear lights or the MY11?? I'm trying to decide which ones to go for.

Looking good Luke my S5 brother :wub:

Looks like your car will be the light and mine the dark :sly:

Nice looking car mate. Don't see many light silver A3's on here, same colour as mine.
Are those MY09 rear lights or the MY11?? I'm trying to decide which ones to go for.

my09s mate, im thinking of laminx on mine tho just to darken them a little

Cheers, yeah thought they were 09's but can't see them too well on this crappy laptop I'm using. I'm thinking I'll go 09's, reckon they suit silver more than the 11's.

im not 100% sure on it but if im incorrect someone will come along and correct me , yeah i think they suit silver cars too the my11's suit darker cars like red's , black's ,lava grey etc...

I like the S8 alloys, looked very discreet and stylish. Just bigger than normal S3 ones

Great progress Luke :icon_thumright:

Makes me think if switching to an S3 front bumper from my S-Line was worth it :(

Looking forward to seeing the seats fitted.

well as i said, the seats went in this morning and im over the moon with them!!!! really cant wait to get them retrimmed to match the back seats now!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:
DSC_1105.jpg

DSC_1106.jpg

Wow ....Great job...I didn't even know you could fit S5 Seats in An A3....How hard was it ?

love them, could of left them if rears were black lol.

hmm yeah but thinking about i forgot you can dye leather. i want all black roof parts can dye that but then all plastics would need painting. ahh best leave it lol

You'll pick up a roof lining and all the plastics on eBay

those seats look amazing in there luke good work i bet you cant wait to get them trimmed in sliver will look :wub: then