project A3,,,,DUB low life!!

Luke mate, roughly how far are you lowered on the coils? Im after a set of staggered splits as currently running ET54 with 12mm spacers on the rear and love the look but just fancy a little change!

My only problem is i'm running 50mm H&R springs as i cant really go any lower than that as the A3 is my daily, and i'm afraid that a similar wheel setup to yours will not look quite right without more lows? What you think bro?

Also

Luke mate, roughly how far are you lowered on the coils? Im after a set of staggered splits as currently running ET54 with 12mm spacers on the rear and love the look but just fancy a little change!

My only problem is i'm running 50mm H&R springs as i cant really go any lower than that as the A3 is my daily, and i'm afraid that a similar wheel setup to yours will not look quite right without more lows? What you think bro?

Also

im on kw v2s slammed all the way down, i think its 65mm, the splits will look sick on yours but i know what u mean by u think that u will need more lows, up to u bro, thats the beauty of modding!!!!

im on kw v2s slammed all the way down, i think its 65mm, the splits will look sick on yours but i know what u mean by u think that u will need more lows, up to u bro, thats the beauty of modding!!!!

Its hard to know, and to be honest mate it leave it well alone before id change the wheels and then have to drop serious money on coils for the sake of 15mm lol

Its hard to know, and to be honest mate it leave it well alone before id change the wheels and then have to drop serious money on coils for the sake of 15mm lol

Also

I've only had my springs in 3 weeks and already want to go down the coilover route. Need serious lows to pull 19s off!

Any rubbing with that setup at the minute luke

Your cars looking sick, cant wait to see it with the bentleys on!

I've only had my springs in 3 weeks and already want to go down the coilover route. Need serious lows to pull 19s off!

Any rubbing with that setup at the minute luke

Your cars looking sick, cant wait to see it with the bentleys on!
cheers bud, i had a little rubbing at the back when i first put them on but i just took the screw out of the arch liner that it was catching and then had no problems :)

know what u mean mate, decent coilys are big money really, but for handling coilovers are in a different league to springs

just got off the phone to nath, looks like luke will be making an appearance at early edition :ninja:

Yes I wouldn't cheapen out when it comes to coils TBH anyway I guess some more thought is required! On your particular splits are the lips diamond cut? How are they in regards to durability against the elements?

Yes the lips are diamond cut Smoothie, but if you can have them mirror polished if you want like so:

5aacbd27.jpg

I think I prefer the diamond cut, but which is less likely to corrode?lol

With the diamond cut you just need to keep them sealed and wash regularly. Which you won't have a problem with, I never did when I was running them.

Yea no problem keeping them clean mate! Bilberry and the likes be safe on them? Really only the polished style that needs polishing etc to remove marks isn't it?

Looks Awesome Luke :wub:

Spoke To Nath about trying to get to Manchester saturday day to meet you two! and hopefully see the new wheels on!!

well the bad news is ive had major major issues with the new rims, long story short they might be going. hopefull they will be rescued but im unsure at the min. so i wont be at early edition tomorrow, the whole point of me goin was to show my car but this situation has seriously gutted me and i really cant be ***** goin now. have a good day guys and gals that are goin tho :)

well the bad news is ive had major major issues with the new rims, long story short they might be going. hopefull they will be rescued but im unsure at the min. so i wont be at early edition tomorrow, the whole point of me goin was to show my car but this situation has seriously gutted me and i really cant be ***** goin now. have a good day guys and gals that are goin tho :)

Not good mate, must be in bad shape are they? Anyway hope you get sorted

thanks not good mate! hope you sort them, whats the problem ? is it the fitting or have you found out there damaged ?

thanks not good mate! hope you sort them, whats the problem ? is it the fitting or have you found out there damaged ?

Basically they were chrome and had been painted over, an some of the chrome is really badly corroded to the point of where they may not look good painted, will find out for sure Monday

Basically they were chrome and had been painted over, an some of the chrome is really badly corroded to the point of where they may not look good painted, will find out for sure Monday

oh right chromed from factory, yeah doesn't sounds too good mate.

well my plans have turned to ***** lol got around a grand to play with on wheels now :wub: oh the joys

well what a traumatic week of wheels ive had!!!!!! the bentleys are out of the window which is a shame but im over the moon with my new purchase that i collected today, tyres goin on next week then i desperately need 10mm and 11/12mm spacers to run them :wub: maybe put a cheeky pic up later :ninja:

well what a traumatic week of wheels ive had!!!!!! the bentleys are out of the window which is a shame but im over the moon with my new purchase that i collected today, tyres goin on next week then i desperately need 10mm and 11/12mm spacers to run them :wub: maybe put a cheeky pic up later :ninja:

I need a hint of what these wheels are:happy: or a sneaky photos to my emails haha

bad news on the rims luke but there are loads of others out there fella , i thought i didnt see your car at early edition but wasnt sure , keep us updated dude and defo put a sneaky picy up please

Waxed and polished, just need my falkens putting on and spacers I'm waiting for but should be here this week
d0d7acaa.jpg