Me and my car, an introduction

Cardiff R33

Reaction score
Well seeing as i am asking lots of questions i thought i would post some info about me and my A3.

My name is Ben, i have just turned 30 and grown up with cars over the last few years after wasting too much cash on modding cars. Some of my past motors:

Dc5
DSC01800.jpg

DSC01716.jpg

2.2 turbo'd civic
civic4.jpg

Drift car
Photo-0260.jpg

My first skyline
skyliner33orange.jpg

Second skyline
r342.jpg

The Mrs mk2 golf
golf7.jpg

My s2000
s2000.jpg

My last skyline
Img1435.jpg

Img1421.jpg

Img1408.jpg

Img1392.jpg

Img1370.jpg

P4245693.jpg

DSCF0550.jpg

IMG_4555.jpg

Makes my Audi seem pretty boring but hey ho. Recessions and growing up have happened so...

Now i have a series 2 rs turbo i have put back from chavvved to standard and a very low mk5 golf

Some pics of the Audi (not the best i took them this morning!)
a3b466e3.jpg

f366686b.jpg

bd165211.jpg

1d51bcd4.jpg

99d8146f.jpg

8b7962e9.jpg

6acf307a.jpg

Spec is
140 BHP 2.0tdi sport
Revo'd to 175bhp
S3 leather
s3 gear nob
s3 front bumper and wings
s3 rear bumper
s3 mirrors
R8 Alloys
S3 roof aerial
Audi concert headunit
Bose
09 Rear lights
HID kit on front lights

Just bought a passenger door aluminium trim as its the only one i didnt have when i bought the car, just bought pressed plates. Really want:

S3 steering wheel (dont we all)
recaros (not desperate as i think they are over priced)
Sat nav head unit, ideally something with bluetooth for phone and MFSW control
Need to detail it as its swirl heaven

Thats it really, and comments welcome and suggestions etc whether they are good or bad

Looks good, whatever you do, if you chose not to go for an RNS-E head unit DO NOT buy anything made by Dynavin, its tempting to have built in bluetooth and touch screen but not worth the hastle. Didnt realise there was an S3 ariel either? thought all the shark fins were the same, could be wrong though. Either way the cars looking good...

and i will probably hold out for an audo headunit, trying to kp it nice and OEM. Is it realistic to be able to get a decent steering wheel with controls to work with my current and a future OEM headunit?

Nice skyline there, where bouts in cardiff you from? i work in st davids hotel

Seen your R34 in sunday night cruises a few times when I used to go to them

Steering wheel is essential, as for the outside whats with the skirts?

You need a new steering wheel! Good effort though, xenons and exhaust would finish off the outside

Agreed and to be honest the guy i bought it from did all the mods so far so i cant take any credit, i just want to tweek it.

Whats the cheapest/best option for exhaust?

Agreed and to be honest the guy i bought it from did all the mods so far so i cant take any credit, i just want to tweek it.

Whats the cheapest/best option for exhaust?

sure you need to go cheapest:laugh: seems like you have enough money for the best mate haa.

miltek though ?

hmmm want to keep it oem and havent/wont spend silly money on cars anymore!

Would love buttersctroch re trim though ha ha!

Get your self over to pro speed in Cardiff, they'll knock up a custom exhaust with a lifetime warranty at a decent price. I was quoted £290 for a cat back system on my 2.0TDI before.

I am good mate with Charlie so if I get anything done it will be by him

nice selection of cars there matey.... welcome to the forum and further empty pockets ;)

i think it looks good on R8 V10s too - i've always wondered what an 8P would look like with them

Nice cars + A3 mate, I was expecting to see a seriously modded A3 after all those pics though haha. If your history is anything to go by joining up here will not help you to save money, lmao!

I'd say you definitely need to put S3 skirts to finish the S3 look, some xenons and a private plate. Definitely get a steering wheel bro! That one is killing your interior :ninja: Those rims look pretty good, seen them on sportback and wasn't 100% but suit yours.

If thats a 53 car then that facelift climate will not work properly in that car mate, trust me, is it a facelift complete climate or did you mod the chrome dials on to an older unit?

I was wondering the same nige. I've seen a few pre facelift or even pre 07 cars with the new climate now wondering how they got them to work.

Trust me mate, they will not function properly, wiring & part changes are required to make them work, if they have plugged them in then they will think its working until you chnage air direction etc which is when it all goes wrong as the flaps arent moved properly & thus causes issues.

Nice motors fella! Not my thing to be putting the multi colours everywhere in the engine bay, interior etc but whatever floats your boat I guess - underneath were some really decent motors. The Integra looked pretty calm by comparison...

I'm with the others though - you need a new MFSW on yer A3. It'd also give you the control over the head unit you wanted & bring the interior right up to date.

Good to hear of you giving back to society by de-chavving an RS turbo - I loved those cars!

Last edited:
nice collecton of past cars there matey i'll keep an eye out for you now i know what your car looks like as i work in cardiff
cheers
fran