WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS FORA IDEA ?

marnie2k

Reaction score
I had a brain wave before of maybe getting this done....
i dont know if people on here have done this before but here i go ... i have black inlays for my a3 (door cards + gear selector surround) i want to change to maybe brushed aluminium but i know they are a little pricey then i thought of maybe getting them wrapped in carbon? has anyone done this before and does any one have any pics? what you guys think ? thanks marnie :)

Yeah mate I think it's been done but only once:laugh: Nooo joking loads of people have done it!

Ive just received my new wooden:puke: inlays just waiting for the carbon wrap to arrive and will be doing this myself after seeing others. Plus the Piano black in mine is getting scratched so when sale time comes will put that back in and sell the wrapped wood ones.

Ive just had an idea, its a website where you add friends and you can upload photos and post on a 'wall' about how you are! What does everyone think?

Lol Jules! You can actually get a brushed aluminum wrap not sure what it looks like in real life but looks alright in the pics I've seen of it- do a google search

think im gonna roll with the carbon fibre look :D

Here is mine mate. Its quite popular amongst various forums. You can wrap anything really.

Finished the aircon unit and coin tray surround. Took me ages and a trip to B&Q for some allen keys to unscrew the unit.

Heres it at the moment. Next will be the symphony II. I just need to get some keys so i can pull it out to wrap it.

DSCF3076.jpg

DSCF3077.jpg

DSCF3078.jpg

DSCF3079.jpg

(Forgot to put the piece behind the ashtray back lol)
DSCF3082.jpg

DSCF3084.jpg

DSCF3085.jpg

Symphony done

ed3c28a4.png

e674ef6f.png

Not to everyone's taste but i love it and it looks much better in person. Saw a white rocco with a wrapped roof the other day which looked awesome!

N8 have u got a TTRS shifter with S line heater vents? I thought you would have gone for TT ones to lad or are they too bright for you :ninja: lmfao!

Bucket wrap looks top btw, can everybody just stop posting bucket for sale and bucket pics as my misses has just about had enough of being a 2nd class citizen now! :p

N8 have u got a TTRS shifter with S line heater vents? I thought you would have gone for TT ones to lad or are they too bright for you :ninja: lmfao!

Bucket wrap looks top btw, can everybody just stop posting bucket for sale and bucket pics as my misses has just about had enough of being a 2nd class citizen now! :p

I've got a TT-S shifter and S3 vents, I don't like the TT vents, and the S3 vents match the RNS knobs, all in the detail :wub:

Does look decent, not seen that pic of yours before Nath :thumbsup:

Well you can have a full gander at UD

N8 do you have to take the door cards off to get the inlays off or can you pop them off with a trim padder?

N8 .... i just got quoted £140+vat to get door inlays wrapped (n/s + o/s) ash tray, and gear selector surround ... 4 parts pffffft
how do i go about getting them done my self ? what do i need? please guide me :D

Can you get them done in actual CF? I'm not keen on the wrap. Can you get wrap that looks like polished carbon?

nelson what do you mean? the pictures above in N8's car are wrapped? it would cost like thousands to get parts custom made in carbon fibre? i just need to know what i need and how to do it ?
i have heat gun and obviously you will need the wrap to do it ....

I've see that wrap before and I don't like it that much and was just wondering if there was a glossy version that looked more like resined CF.

I'm not trying to be a critic. Just wondered if there was a glossy one mate.

CF doesn't cost too much for the smaller bits. I completely CF'd my old Ducati 749.

You can buy kits online to wrap stuff in actual CF. http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Products/Carbon-Fibre-Skinning-Starter-Kit__CMCFSK300.aspx

N8.... Not trying to offend.... Just my personal preference.

The C frames alone are about £350

OSIR Design USA-OSIR - C Frames - Gloss Carbon - A3 8P

Probably over £1500 to do the whole interior. Small parts are very expensive for real carbon i.e. not fibreglass with carbon wrapped on it, as you have to make moulds for the parts. Once thats done its pretty easy to make more and the costs come down.

Jules.... With Osir you are paying for the name to be honest. I CF'd my whole Ducati for less than £1500.

That's not my point. I was only initially asking if you can get Gloss CF wrap.

You can get white CF wrap so i expect so.

If you apply lacquer over it, it looks glossy as well

Cheers Jules.

I'll have a hunt. I just cant find it for sale. I spotted that some car Wrapping companies offer it so I might contact one of them.

the Osir pillars are amazing! on thier websote they have a pic of the Carbon Dumbo mirrors but no info... bet they're not cheap!

it would cost like thousands to get parts custom made in carbon fibre?...

My friend has done it on the RS4 Cab seats in his Mk5 Golf:

mymk5golf456.jpg

N8.... Not trying to offend.... Just my personal preference.

Don't be silly man, if you don't like something you don't like it! The only person who needs to like it is me! :laugh:

N8 but how did you go about carbon wrapping your trims n that? is it CF wrap? did you do it yourself?

ahh so you used carbon fibre wrap? how did you do it and what did you use if you dont mind me asking please?

N8 used 3M Scotchprint Carbon wrap i think :) not real carbon. Luke's are real carbon and mega £££££

ahhh so its stick on carbon wrap? i should be able to do that quite easy then :D

Im in the middle if this mod. Bought wood trim off eBay and going to keep the piano Black. Once you get the hang of it it's not too bad. Shouldn't have said that till ive finished. Hardest part is ashtray took most of it apart.

Using a hairdryer seems to be doing the trick for me so far.

Fingers crossed but have bought enough wrap incase I mess
Up. Hardest part for me will be taking the trim out of my car not good at all this DIY stuff lol