Steering Rack Part No.

J88CWD

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know the genuine part number for a steering rack on a Audi A3 2.0 tdi 2004 or where I can acquire the information from?

The part number for a rhd vehicle is :- 1K2 423 055 JX. Approx £900 and I think that's an exchange price.

You will need to check the number against you chassis number because there are a few variations of suffix letters.

Any help is appreciated. I'm replacing the rack with a used part. What information do you need?

Be warned, the racks have changed generations from 1 to 2 to now 3, these also came with loom changes so check which gen the used 1 is.

I had a rack replaced in my car (2006), and the "correct" parts that were used were:

Rack - 1K2 423 055 JX
Loom - 1K2 971 111 AJ.

Yeap J is the latest gen 3 & the X is exchange part which is cheaper as they will remanu your old one & gen 3 loom to adapt too your car wiring aswell, afaik all cars now are fitted with gen 3's even warranty & repair work.

I have a 2005 A3 PD140 quattro SE steering rack laying about if that's any use to you.

hello
i have a similar problem, i need a steering rack and trying to find the right part number. i have a my car is an A3 2.0 FSI (2004 model) vin is WAUZZZ 8P14A029412 and i was told by another user has a gen 1 steering rack. Do you think you can help me.
thank you in advance
regards
evan