Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

No interest in the S3 :(

Iv'e recently put my S3 up for sale and for 2 weeks pretty much had no luck or interest for that matter. I've put it on Pistonheads, Autotrader and even on here although the pics didnt work. I'm not sure if I have to the price right as its very hard etc, so a bit of help would be appreciated (tell me where I'm going wrong). I paid 25k for it in Aug 09 from Blackburn Audi. Cheers guys.

2008 AUDI S3 S3 Quattro 3dr Hatchback

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Cant see anything wrong with that add at all m8. May be wrong time of year as xmas recently etc...

Good luck with it.
    08 S3: Phtm Blk Prl, 330+bhp, Evolve Remap, Forge Twintake, Sachs Organic Clutch, Forge Short Shift, 19" 2010 TTS Parallel split 5 spoke alloys, MY11 lights, RNSE Nav, Bose, 6 cd, Arm rest, Buckets, FBMFSW, phoneprep, Adaptive Lights, Black inlays

MK1 golf swallowtail project
    : 20v turbo BAM / AGU engine, Haldex 4x4 conversion - work in progress... its gonna be a beast -

Neutral

Status
    Thanks mate, sounds very similar to yours.

6th Gear

Status
    hmm i as a rule ignore all adverts that don't have a landline phone number. that combined with the fact the photos haven't been taken at a residential address make it look as if it's been stolen. if i was on the market i definitely wouldn't call.

also i'd try and sell your interior separately from the car. it's more effort on your part, but you'll almost certainly get more money on account of the fact it has buckets. (cue Phil)

ask for an interior swap + cash, and then try sell it again for the same price. it probably won't harm.

best of luck

S.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

Neutral

Status
    The prob with these sort of cars is that there not the sort of thing that are bought by the masses. Fuel is high and S3's aren't great on MPG which right now isnt a good thing.
    Even 3 years ago my missus tried selling her Volvo V40 T5 (or was it V50?) and most of dealers then said theres little interest due to big engine/low mpg and that was only a 2.5L.

I almost bought a Merc C63 estate before my S3 back in early Dec which again is a pretty desirable car - its still for sale now with another 3k knocked off price.

Just my thoughts but right car, maybe a little at the wrong time.
    I'm sure it will sell but you'll have to have a little more patience. 2 weeks isnt a long time.
    Previous Cars:
    BMW 318
    BMW 335d
    Merc C63 AMG
    Nissan GT-R

1st Gear

Status
    Thats what I thought, pretty much the same. Mines got 33k on the clock and full dealer history servicing etc.. if i wanted to sell it i'd be looking for around 21.5k/21k.

Depends on area a lot, im in W london so get a bit more of a premium here i suppose. In the past ive travelled up north to buy cars as a fair bit cheaper up there..

It will sell in the end m8, another week or two prob...
    08 S3: Phtm Blk Prl, 330+bhp, Evolve Remap, Forge Twintake, Sachs Organic Clutch, Forge Short Shift, 19" 2010 TTS Parallel split 5 spoke alloys, MY11 lights, RNSE Nav, Bose, 6 cd, Arm rest, Buckets, FBMFSW, phoneprep, Adaptive Lights, Black inlays

MK1 golf swallowtail project
    : 20v turbo BAM / AGU engine, Haldex 4x4 conversion - work in progress... its gonna be a beast -

Neutral

Status
    What sort of money for a swap deal do you think? Lol thats at the back of my house, get what your saying though. The landline would be pointless but as I'm about to rebook the advert I will include. Thanks for the tips mate.

Neutral

Status
    TRY GUMTREE ITS FREE TO ADVERTISE OR MODIFIEDCARS.COM .... MORE PLACE IT CAN BEE SEEN MORECHANCE OF IT BEING SOLD OR EVEN EBAY AS A CLASSIFIED ..... I THINK LIKE MOST OTHERS ARE SAYING ITS THE ENGINE THATS MAKING IT HARD TO SELL BUT GOOD LUCK WITH IT

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Just an observation but thats a nice par park.....and oh look !! if you look carefully there is a car there as well.......

I recon your car takes up about 5% of one of those pictures !

4th Gear

Status
    lm sure lve mentioned this on another thread. the guy who owns the mod shop l use has a SB 2010 S3, 2k on it and the dealers only offered 24k.

6th Gear

Status
    I certainly would not sell the seats seperate .dont get dismayed its the worst time of the year to sell anything .it will go .I think its priced correctly .Try better photos and put it everywhere with a landline also .good luck

4th Gear

Status
    your knocking on the door of facelift money there, that could be your problem. if i were looking for one id squeeze a few more from the mattress and get a facelift one. just a thought.

Reverse Gear

Status
    AS above,
    Would you be in rush to buy a 20k car pictured on a non-discript car park with only a mobile phone number as a contact.
    I always advertise with a landline number. People want a number they can trace and don't want to p*ss about with poor reception on a mobile while they are paying 15p or more a minute to discuss a car you are trying to sell.
    Great spec. more close up pictures required.
    I don't think price is the problem, I would expect 19k if I was selling it. Be patient, as cars I have sold in that price bracket in the past have taken anything from 1-8 weeks to sell. Good luck.

Neutral

Status
    I've recently been looking and saw your advert and the reasons that I didn't call are pretty much what is already covered. Try taking photos in front of your house, get some closer shots of the car (distance shots made it feel like there was something to hide). I think you just need to be more patient as it's priced ok-ish but if you need it gone just advertise close to your bottom price to entice viewers and don't budge. Looks like the car will do the rest and sell itself.

Neutral

Status
    Ok put the landline on there and thrown on another pic, not the best pics I agree but will have to do until I get chance to take some close up ones. Hopefully get some more luck

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    I've recently been looking and saw your advert and the reasons that I didn't call are pretty much what is already covered. Try taking photos in front of your house, get some closer shots of the car (distance shots made it feel like there was something to hide). I think you just need to be more patient as it's priced ok-ish but if you need it gone just advertise close to your bottom price to entice viewers and don't budge. Looks like the car will do the rest and sell itself.
    Get calling pal.....ha ha

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    I have food nothing wrong with using a mobile number in the past. Don't know what people are talking about. It's been 2 weeks though mate..and we are only in February so your either asking for abit more then people can afford or its a bad time. But it's only been 2 weeks! Give it abit longer.

Neutral

Status
    Sorry mate, it does look nice but I'm picking mine up on Friday. Very similar spec to yours which is why I'm confident you will sell if you can entice viewers. Good luck.

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dc240969 View Post
    lm sure lve mentioned this on another thread. the guy who owns the mod shop l use has a SB 2010 S3, 2k on it and the dealers only offered 24k.
    you mean Jim @ Star...I know his car's showroom condition as well!
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    look at it this way, book prices start to go up in February because sales pick up, thats a given for the time of year..... I cant access your advert at work but nice close up pics are needed, as much detail as possible normally works, i think the car park thing is being a bit picky TBH...if i wanted an S3 with buckets i wouldnt write it off because the pics are taken in a car park!! I would however write it off after visiting you at your house and seeing that its not what im looking for.

simple technique - take as many appropriate pics as possible, chop them down if necessary by editing to remove the background so that the car is the only focus point, list the options and standard equipment (hate people showing standard bits as optios or indeed fully loaded when they arent) and go into a brief descritpion on why your selling, how you have treat the car and any other plus points (just dont waffle or write in caps )

oh and id personally wack it on ebay classifieds for the sake of 15 for a month!! you wont get a better audience IMO
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

Lost in music...

Status
    I had a look on the trader at the weekend - there are some real cheaply priced S3s for sale at the moment, so maybe once a few more of those have gone yours will be selling fella...

Surely most people already know that S3s aren't exactly great on fuel, so buy accordingly? The reaction every time I chat to anyone with car knowledge makes me think that people know about the fuel vs performance issue. I know I kept trying to look at other cars but resistance was futile once I'd test driven one.

Good luck with the sale.
    123d MSport coupe from the company

2007 S3 in sprint blue - gone!

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    I had a look on the trader at the weekend - there are some real cheaply priced S3s for sale at the moment, so maybe once a few more of those have gone yours will be selling fella...

Surely most people already know that S3s aren't exactly great on fuel, so buy accordingly? The reaction every time I chat to anyone with car knowledge makes me think that people know about the fuel vs performance issue. I know I kept trying to look at other cars but resistance was futile once I'd test driven one.

Good luck with the sale.
    Im pretty sure they have gone up in book again this month mate - possibly the post xmas rush to get rid, usual stuff. I certainly didn't know the fuel issues even after reading the fuel thread on here before i bought this - not a massive issue but my weekly 35 used to get me 150 miles of mixed driving in my 8L S3, this week is the first trial week i have had and am heading for 120 miles if i drive like a granny for the next 40

Lost in music...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    Im pretty sure they have gone up in book again this month mate - possibly the post xmas rush to get rid, usual stuff. I certainly didn't know the fuel issues even after reading the fuel thread on here before i bought this - not a massive issue but my weekly 35 used to get me 150 miles of mixed driving in my 8L S3, this week is the first trial week i have had and am heading for 120 miles if i drive like a granny for the next 40
    You're just caning yer new motor Animal! Told you you should have kept the cheaper one! Hope it's going okay apart from the fuel cost...

Before I got the S3 I'd checked the official MPGs and already deducted 1/3 for my spirited driving style. On my test drive, I checked the average MPG on the car & I've got pretty similar MPG, even after stage 1 & 2 mapping. Urban commutes do drink the fuel though.

Anyway, I digress. Sorry OP...

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    i kept it matey

and yes, sorry OP

Lost in music...

Status
    Good boy! Nice colour an all.

You know that price made sense, despite everyone's willingness to write it off as a ringer. They missed out on a real sweet deal on a decent, legit very low mileage car. Enjoy...

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Cant even see the ad anyway.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK