S3 Misfire underload after service....FIXED FOR FREE @ Stealers...!!

Denty

Reaction score
So after i picked uo my car from west london Audi after its 3rd service (32,000miles now) it had developed a misfire when you give it some beans, like full throttle above 4.5rpm.....

The car only did it the once so i put it down to dirty fuel etc cos i do run it low (like to keep the s3 as light as possible...!)

10 days later i was driving around, put mfy foot down and the misfire returned. This time it persisted and the engine warning light came on...the car felt seriousley ruff at this point, like it was running on 3 cylinders..

Anyway i rang audi west london (car ran out of warranty 2 weeks ago....typical!) and was politley told by some gonk that they coudent see it for 11 days as they had no hire cars available...! they advised me to just take it easy but if it got worse to come down. That was the green light for me, i went straight down to W ldn audi, spoke to a nice geezer called chris at the servie dept. he got me a car (110 miles, new sportback A3...nice but slow and boat like...!) and told me to leave the car with him for one day.

The morning before work i just turned up at Audi w London and was told the mechanics were giving my car a test drive :)sadlike:) as no majot faults found after diagnostic check. 15 mins later the mechanis turned up with my car, took it down to the workshop and swopped over the coil pack from cyliner one to two and another test drive...slight misfire...mechanic puts new coil pack in number two and all is well!!!:yes::happy:

Not even a mention of charging ££ even though warranty has ran out. nice dudes for a change!

Anybody else managed to get things done out of warranty?

For the record the only other probs ive had with my betsy since new is....get ready for it...SNAPPED PROPSHAFT...twice! (both repalced under warranty 4 months apart...) and wind screen wipers stopped working once on a rainy motorway but fine now...:thumbsup: anyone else had this??

Think this was my first post in a long while.... :zen:

Cheers.:gun2:

Last edited:
Snapped the prop twice???? Thats a first i've ever heard of that! I've had the wipers stop once on me too - didnt work again until the next day but my car is a 53 plate albeit same mileage as yours LOL. I gave the linkage a good squirt of WD-40 when I was doing the cruise control retro fit just to be on the safe side.

Prop snapped on two seperate occasions whilst flooring it from a standing start with wheels around half lock......Last time audi replaced it they said it might have been out of balance (?) and they have now put a 'strengthened' prop linkage on?? I only floor it from a standing start with wheels in a dead straight line now...:)

Prop snapped on two seperate occasions whilst flooring it from a standing start with wheels around half lock......Last time audi replaced it they said it might have been out of balance (?) and they have now put a 'strengthened' prop linkage on?? I only floor it from a standing start with wheels in a dead straight line now...:)

Well taken care of motor. NOT

Its yours and you can do what you want with it but i have too much mechanical sympathy to attempt a full bore launch with wheels at half lock

Well ive learnt my lesson now....if i left the esp on it would have been ok but the first thing i do is turn it off when i get in the s3...i hate electronic intervention!:yes:

Snapped? Dans hasnt even done that yet. Abeit wanting to leave the motor.

It snaps on the linkage...anybody else had prop shaft linkage failure?? it starts with an almighty BANG!! ohyes u know when it happenes...i actually thought somebody had hit my car or something, it was that loud...:ohmy:

Exactly what happened with mine, still waiting to have it repaired. The car has been off the road for two weeks today :(