Monster MotorsportBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 - 3dr. Window Tinting?

Heya guys quick post,

Whats the best way to tint my rear windows?

How cheap is it to do it yourself?

Is it any good if you do it yourself and how long will it last without bubbling etc..?

Many Thanks People in Advance!

Adz
    "2006 A3 - 2.0L TDI - SPORT"

"I like sub commanders. They have no time for bull****, and neither do I."
    - Franklin D. Roosevelt

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry Guys Didnt see the other post on here!!

still any further info would be great

V16
    1st Gear

Status
    The tint itself is not that expensive, but if you want it to look good I wouldn't do it yourself if you haven't done it before, you wouldn't want the tint to start peeling off. Shouldn't cost more then 100 for the rears to be done by someone who knows what there doing.
    Black A3 S-line 2.0TDi
    Mods: Hybrid Turbo - Custom Exhaust - Weitec Coilovers - Tints - Gloss Black Optics Grill - Led Number Plate Lights - Led Interior Lights - S3 Mirrors - Retro Fitted Arm Rest - 09 rear lights - R8 Oil Cap - Phillips Diamond Vision Lights

Neutral

Status
    I agree mate, i seriously would not recommend doing the tints yourself. Get them professionally done, full car shouldn't cost more than 125-150 depending on who you go to. Plus, many companies will give garuntee i.e. 5years. The place i got them done from has given me lifetime garuntee so if they do peel off i can always go back.

If you do decide to do them yourself, the tint sheet cost around 20ish from like halfords but i'm sure you'll be able to get them cheaper on net or sumat - NOT RECOMMENDED THOUGH

Your can get back three windows as dark as you want but the the front two you are not legally allowed to put any tints on

events moderator

Status
    i had my rears done a few months back very happy with the results i had a pro fit it as i tryed myself and its a hell of alot harder than it looks beleve me i would get a pro to do it but tis your choice after all
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

events moderator

Status
    a quick pic of the rear of my car

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Use a pro or you'll regret it, had mine done by same pro for years & not 1 issue, bubble etc, well worthwhile.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    Agree, Use a pro!!
    Its alot harder than it looks.
    2005 Audi A3 2.0 TDI DSG S-line (8p1)
    Mods: 18" Gloss Black RS4's - 8p2 S-line Front Bumper - Black Grill - A5 LED Number Plate lights - LED Sidelights - Euro Style Plates - EGR Delete - RTech Custom Remap - Hot Start Issue Fix
    Pipeline: Lowering, Wheel Refurb, Coming Home Lights

2007 VW Golf 2.0 GT TDI 140 (Wife's)
    Mods: 18" Charlestons

4th Gear

Status
    Nathan ? He recommended one to me abit back, they wernt cheap but they looked good if he sees this he might say. Can't member were in Manc they were

1st Gear

Status
    get it done by a pro it will not look good if you try to do it your self the guy who does my cars does it for 80 and will fix it even if small bubbles appear and you are not happy.
    A3 2009 2.0TDI sport aruba blue - 17" alloy wheels, half leather and alcantara seats, bluetooth telephone prep, aux, electric lumbar support, puddle lights, vanity lights.

mods so far - tinted windows, my11 rear lights.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hey Guys,

Cheers for all the information its greatly thanked!

Yeah going to get it done by the pro's! Think its best LOL.

Does anyone know any good places that do it and its not an arm and a leg, in or around the Stoke-On-Trent/ Stoke area??

P.s. "fnmrst" your car looks mint fella! that exsac what i'd want doing what % is your rear windows?

Cheers All,

Adz
    "2006 A3 - 2.0L TDI - SPORT"

"I like sub commanders. They have no time for bull****, and neither do I."
    - Franklin D. Roosevelt

2nd Gear

Status
    if you put 50% in front you wont get bothered by cops i got stopped once and the cop said oh its not that dark so he let me go , on my previous car i had 35 all around and i was forced to take it off so i guess fnmrst windows at are at 35%?
    A3 8P 2.0TDI 140 Sport | Blue | Full Leather Heated Seat | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | | Nav | Xenons |
    Mods | 18" Rotiform Staggered | Tinted Windows | S3 Spoiler | 2009 S-Line t Rear | Front Chin Spoiler | Wind Deflectors | Re-Map |
    | MY11 Lights | S3 Side Skirts | Private Number Plate | Milltek Exhaust | S Line Gear knob

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Adz View Post
    Hey Guys,

Does anyone know any good places that do it and its not an arm and a leg, in or around the Stoke-On-Trent/ Stoke area??

P.s. "fnmrst" your car looks mint fella! that exsac what i'd want doing what % is your rear windows?

Cheers All,

Adz
    It should cost you too much mate, I get mine done for 100 with lifetime warrenty fror peeling/bubbles etc.
    My person usually charges 150 for 5dr cars and 125 for 3dr cars. You should be paying more than that. I would also suggest you get a no quible garuntee with the tints (This just proves the company knows and will do a good job).

Good luck and hope we se pics aswell

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Adz View Post
    Hey Guys,

Cheers All,

Adz
    cheers mate mine is medium smoked dont know what percentage is soz prob 35% as said but not 1005 sure on that
    Last edited by FranA3; 10th February 2011 at 19:06.