Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reverse Gear

Status

RECARO BUCKETS......

i can get recaro bucket seats but they have the VXR frame on them just wondering if anyone knows how to easy it is to convert from VXR frame to S3?????

if any one know let me know and if any one wants a set i can get em' for cheap like half price

2. # ADS
    ADS

Interior Next!!

Status
    They are different seats though I think. More of a Recaro CS if I'm not mistaken??

Stil nice though!!
    Last edited by S3RYE; 7th February 2011 at 18:56.
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

6th Gear

Status
    ... did someone say recaro cs? lol
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

4th Gear

Status
    just in case you have 2.5K spare heres some OEM ones vw golf audi s3 r32 rs4 style leather bucket seats on eBay (end time 17-Feb-11 18:43:53 GMT)

tempted to sell mine if i could get 2.5K for them
    8P S3

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3ollie View Post
    just in case you have 2.5K spare heres some OEM ones vw golf audi s3 r32 rs4 style leather bucket seats on eBay (end time 17-Feb-11 18:43:53 GMT)

tempted to sell mine if i could get 2.5K for them
    Bit steep considering you have to fit them yourself.... LOL!
    Pay Audi 2.5K and at least they'll fit them for you!
    Last edited by hotrod99; 7th February 2011 at 21:38.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    The Corsa VXR ones are different to CS' I know this as my brother has a VXR:

My cousin CS':

You will need custom runners to fit the corsa ones into the Audi. But they ain't that grippy imo, so I wouldn't bother unless it was a S3/RS4 recaro or CS

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    Had them in my R32 and they are nothing special, not worth 2.5k. My standard S3 seats are more comfortable and easier to live with.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Jules86 View Post
    Had them in my R32 and they are nothing special, not worth 2.5k. My standard S3 seats are more comfortable and easier to live with.
    Really? I COMPLETELY disagree. The buckets have the wow factor in terms of looks and grip for me. I find that when I get out of my buckets and into S-Line seats, I start sliding round everywhere

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    I found the bolsters wore too quickly and spoiled the look. Yes they looked great in the car but not 2.5k great. I dont drive hard enough to fully use the bolsters so not noticed it but im sure the recaros are better mate yes.

My R32 ones

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Yeh its cool man, its just an opinion I didn't pay 2.5k for mine, so they are worth every penny, and I've had a trim since anyway

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    I think they are a cool option for a sportback as you dont have to move them. Teaching people how to get in and out was a pain with it being 3 door. If i got a SB i would want recaros!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

SB FTW!

1st Gear

Status
    Ive got buckets and love them, no probs at all. Very comfy but still firm and support well. I think having the buckets and flat bottom steering wheel really make the inside that much more special and more racey in the S3
    08 S3: Phtm Blk Prl, 330+bhp, Evolve Remap, Forge Twintake, Sachs Organic Clutch, Forge Short Shift, 19" 2010 TTS Parallel split 5 spoke alloys, MY11 lights, RNSE Nav, Bose, 6 cd, Arm rest, Buckets, FBMFSW, phoneprep, Adaptive Lights, Black inlays

MK1 golf swallowtail project
    : 20v turbo BAM / AGU engine, Haldex 4x4 conversion - work in progress... its gonna be a beast -

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

So the buckets and the RS6 steering wheel make my diesel feel like a proper car

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    after sitting in buckets for the first time whilst a car i was viewing was on a ramp!! i can honestly say that there is no comparison, to suggest that they are not as supportive as S3/S line seats is daft, unless of course your a dwarf with the smallest arse in the land
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

1st Gear

Status
    I defo wouldn't pay 2.5k for seats knowing I would have to retrim them at another extra cost because the quality of the leather I am lead to believe is abismal and wears in no time!!

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    after sitting in buckets for the first time whilst a car i was viewing was on a ramp!! i can honestly say that there is no comparison, to suggest that they are not as supportive as S3/S line seats is daft, unless of course your a dwarf with the smallest arse in the land
    They are no more supportive for normal road driving. Unless you are pushing your car hard then they will make a big difference im sure. I cant go round corners that quick in croydon though lol

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I paid less and retrimmed, defo worth it!

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    You have a sportback which i would 100% have buckets with. They are so impractical in a 3 door though!
    Ibis - Bose - Light & Rain Pack - Parking Sensors - BT Prep

Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice

6th Gear

Status
    They are no more supportive for normal road driving. Unless you are pushing your car hard then they will make a big difference im sure. I cant go round corners that quick in croydon though lol
    need to go to the industrial estate off Beddington lane then haha
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    Thats near me, just off purley way
    Ibis - Bose - Light & Rain Pack - Parking Sensors - BT Prep

Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice

6th Gear

Status
    thats the one
    very good for late night blasts! not so fun in the wet tho as gets pretty greasy

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

You have a sportback which i would 100% have buckets with. They are so impractical in a 3 door though!
    Obviously depends if people are gettin in and out all the time, but I hear you!

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Stickman View Post
    Ive got buckets and love them, no probs at all. Very comfy but still firm and support well. I think having the buckets and flat bottom steering wheel really make the inside that much more special and more racey in the S3
    totally agree...

Quote Originally Posted by basssound View Post
    I defo wouldn't pay 2.5k for seats knowing I would have to retrim them at another extra cost because the quality of the leather I am lead to believe is abismal and wears in no time!!
    thats why you do what me n nath did... pay less for a lesser condition seat & retrim.. i havent got round to the trimming part yet but will do in the very near future...
    S

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Whos doing yours Ry? Please say MJ?

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Whos doing yours Ry? Please say MJ?
    yep & i know what im doing now too!!
    S

Reverse Gear

Status
    they are recaro CS i will be selling brand new straight out of a factor recaro CS for around 1000 for a pair they are half leather half clothe or swede....... and i have someone that is making custom runners.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Sounds good Ross! Anymore details....

5th Gear

Status
    Anyone know if Ford Focus Recaro CS's can be adapted to fit an A3? Any recommendations for custom subframes?

Air Ride is for Ballers!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ~RS~ View Post
    Anyone know if Ford Focus Recaro CS's can be adapted to fit an A3? Any recommendations for custom subframes?
    would have thought so pal, theyre lovely seats

2nd Gear

Status
    The only chair Ive ever seen re-trimmed in Swede was after a particullaly messy Sunday lunch...

Air Ride is for Ballers!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by welshwoody View Post
    The only chair Ive ever seen re-trimmed in Swede was after a particullaly messy Sunday lunch...

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Get some CS' sorted Rich already.......

Neutral

Status
    Totally agree! Although i dont have problems getting in and out, passengers sometimes have issues getting into buckets. I have them in my S3. Seen other buckets that are worn and bolsters look shabby. New car is coming with standard seats as opposed to Buckets.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Wow!

6th Gear

Status
    I have a good solution for buckets - dont let anybody else in the car - simples!
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Buckets + SB = win?

1st Gear

Status
    i would love to have buckets seats in my sb s3 have just audi preston and they say that they cant really be bought as a set and have to be bought bit by bit. annoying really. would love to get some and have s3 embossed in them if any body has any solutions to this then im all ears

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ron burgandy View Post
    i would love to have buckets seats in my sb s3 have just audi preston and they say that they cant really be bought as a set and have to be bought bit by bit. annoying really. would love to get some and have s3 embossed in them if any body has any solutions to this then im all ears
    old news unfortuantely dude... If you buy them "bit by bit" they work out something ridiculous like 2k EACH!!

Thats why its best to pick up a set 2nd hand... i was in the same situation as you!
    S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast