RECARO BUCKETS......

ross_mac92

Reaction score
i can get recaro bucket seats but they have the VXR frame on them just wondering if anyone knows how to easy it is to convert from VXR frame to S3?????

if any one know let me know and if any one wants a set i can get em' for cheap like half price :):yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

They are different seats though I think. More of a Recaro CS if I'm not mistaken??

Stil nice though!! :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
The Corsa VXR ones are different to CS' I know this as my brother has a VXR:

DSC00074800x600.jpg

My cousin CS':

49800x600.jpg

You will need custom runners to fit the corsa ones into the Audi. But they ain't that grippy imo, so I wouldn't bother unless it was a S3/RS4 recaro or CS

Had them in my R32 and they are nothing special, not worth £2.5k. My standard S3 seats are more comfortable and easier to live with.

Had them in my R32 and they are nothing special, not worth £2.5k. My standard S3 seats are more comfortable and easier to live with.

Really? I COMPLETELY disagree. The buckets have the wow factor in terms of looks and grip for me. I find that when I get out of my buckets and into S-Line seats, I start sliding round everywhere :laugh:

I found the bolsters wore too quickly and spoiled the look. Yes they looked great in the car but not £2.5k great. I dont drive hard enough to fully use the bolsters so not noticed it but im sure the recaros are better mate yes.

My R32 ones
DSCF1567.jpg

Yeh its cool man, its just an opinion :laugh: I didn't pay £2.5k for mine, so they are worth every penny, and I've had a trim since anyway :wub:

I think they are a cool option for a sportback as you dont have to move them. Teaching people how to get in and out was a pain with it being 3 door. If i got a SB i would want recaros!

Ive got buckets and love them, no probs at all. Very comfy but still firm and support well. I think having the buckets and flat bottom steering wheel really make the inside that much more special and more racey in the S3

after sitting in buckets for the first time whilst a car i was viewing was on a ramp!! i can honestly say that there is no comparison, to suggest that they are not as supportive as S3/S line seats is daft, unless of course your a dwarf with the smallest **** in the land

I defo wouldn't pay 2.5k for seats knowing I would have to retrim them at another extra cost because the quality of the leather I am lead to believe is abismal and wears in no time!!

after sitting in buckets for the first time whilst a car i was viewing was on a ramp!! i can honestly say that there is no comparison, to suggest that they are not as supportive as S3/S line seats is daft, unless of course your a dwarf with the smallest **** in the land

They are no more supportive for normal road driving. Unless you are pushing your car hard then they will make a big difference im sure. I cant go round corners that quick in croydon though lol

You have a sportback which i would 100% have buckets with. They are so impractical in a 3 door though!

They are no more supportive for normal road driving. Unless you are pushing your car hard then they will make a big difference im sure. I cant go round corners that quick in croydon though lol

need to go to the industrial estate off Beddington lane then haha

Thats near me, just off purley way

thats the one
very good for late night blasts! not so fun in the wet tho as gets pretty greasy

Ive got buckets and love them, no probs at all. Very comfy but still firm and support well. I think having the buckets and flat bottom steering wheel really make the inside that much more special and more racey in the S3

totally agree... :thumbsup:

I defo wouldn't pay 2.5k for seats knowing I would have to retrim them at another extra cost because the quality of the leather I am lead to believe is abismal and wears in no time!!

thats why you do what me n nath did... pay less for a lesser condition seat & retrim.. i havent got round to the trimming part yet but will do in the very near future... :yes:

they are recaro CS i will be selling brand new straight out of a factor recaro CS for around £1000 for a pair they are half leather half clothe or swede....... and i have someone that is making custom runners.

Anyone know if Ford Focus Recaro CS's can be adapted to fit an A3? Any recommendations for custom subframes?

Totally agree! Although i dont have problems getting in and out, passengers sometimes have issues getting into buckets. I have them in my S3. Seen other buckets that are worn and bolsters look shabby. New car is coming with standard seats as opposed to Buckets.

i would love to have buckets seats in my sb s3 have just audi preston and they say that they cant really be bought as a set and have to be bought bit by bit. annoying really. would love to get some and have s3 embossed in them if any body has any solutions to this then im all ears

i would love to have buckets seats in my sb s3 have just audi preston and they say that they cant really be bought as a set and have to be bought bit by bit. annoying really. would love to get some and have s3 embossed in them if any body has any solutions to this then im all ears

old news unfortuantely dude... If you buy them "bit by bit" they work out something ridiculous like £2k EACH!!

Thats why its best to pick up a set 2nd hand... i was in the same situation as you!