Bit of advice please

tomo8

Reaction score
Hi all, im not really a member of this forum as i own a 8L s3. I am however i am thinking in the coming months of selling the 8L an getting a van for work, an selling the mrs car an getting one between us

It has to be a 5door. Im thinkin of the a3 sb black edition,but unsure on which engine the 2.0 tdi 170 or 2.0 tfsi?. I would like a remap,but not much else really so whats the better choice an why?
Dependant on money i would like the s3. Whats your opinions an the 2 engines?

Sorry for the essay, cheers.

Alright mate i have an old shape s3 which is my pride and joy, but 1 of my pals is about to buy the 170 break tdi and i had a look for him and with a remap you will get from 170 to 204 bhp and the torque figure is much the same as the 2.0 litre tfsi engine in the s3 350 nm to 420nm compared to 350nm to 315 in the tdi 170 so i know which one i would be buying !!!! plus the new s3 is not that good, hope this helps you mate...

Cheers mate, thanks for that. Suppose with petrol prices being what they are, the tdi might be the better option.

Depends what you want it for - If its a motorway muncher go for the TDI, if you want another beast go for the TFSi and map it. Also of course depends on the budget - if that isn't a problem S3 all the way. To Quattro or not to Quattro - to me that ain't the question as its the number 1 reason why I'm an Audi fan - does hurt the old mpg though!
Good luck with whatever you get and hopefully we'll welcome you to 8P forum on a permanent basis.