Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

TDI 1.9 2.0 Models,options,buying advice pros cons

Hi the time has come to say good bye to my modified 8L s3 and time to buy a diesel i know the power will be a big difference but the fuel bills are just to high so im after some help please

i would like to know the difference between the models i really want the 140 bhp s-line as that seems to have some nice extras but im lost when it comes to differences between the range, se/s/sport etc and why are some 1.9 and others 2.0 i wont afford anything newer than a 56 plate and it has to be a 3dr, im thinking a manual as ive never driven a car with DSG or is that a bad choice? are there any pros and cons to the models.

any info you guys can share would be great

thanks
    Last edited by higher1; 6th February 2011 at 19:53.
    18" RS6 reps / fk wheel spacers 15mm 20mm / revo stage 1 / forge 007 diverter / Jetex cone air filter / EBC red pads.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have a 57plate 2.0TDI 140 manual S-Line sportback in black it has full leather and looks great but the suspension is quite hard. Essentially S-Line is a nice body kit/wheels/interior and sports suspension. But to be honest i wish i`d gone for a dsg cause the turbo lag does my head in from stand still, you have to rev it a bit before you release the clutch otherwise its a bit sluggish getting going, but once your off the mark theres plenty of power in the mid range. You can drive it quite hard urban and return around 38mpg. As for the 1.9 i think its about 110bhp so going from an S3 might be a bit dissapointing.

Hope this helps.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    2.0 TDI ADL

2nd Gear

Status
    Ive just bought a 2.0 TDi 140bhp S-line DSG.
    Very happy with the DSG, smooth and responsive.
    I would make sure you get the s-line, and 2005+ with the single grill front bumper.
    2005 Audi A3 2.0 TDI DSG S-line (8p1)
    Mods: 18" Gloss Black RS4's - 8p2 S-line Front Bumper - Black Grill - A5 LED Number Plate lights - LED Sidelights - Euro Style Plates - EGR Delete - RTech Custom Remap - Hot Start Issue Fix
    Pipeline: Lowering, Wheel Refurb, Coming Home Lights

2007 VW Golf 2.0 GT TDI 140 (Wife's)
    Mods: 18" Charlestons