Aftermarket drl's are they any good?

aftermarket drls anygood?

• Total voters

jayhall

Reaction score
hi guys i wana get the drls but not sure if the aftermarket ones are ach any good?
i know not everybodys a fan but suggestions will help cuz im not sure weather to try em.
cheers jay :thumbsup:

In my opinion the after market DRL's I have seen are not good... I wouldn't bother.

I have to agree with what Audicruiser has said, they IMO just look cheap and tacky. As yet i have seen the exact same design on a Audi A4 and a VW transporter. But each to their own i guess

I never use my OEM DRLS.
I dont live in Scandivavia so whats the point?, it enhances nothing and contributes little to safety.

IMO aftermarket DRL are pointless and cheesy.

Spend the money on fuel or beer.

Cheers
Paul

They arent as bright and they look cheap and tacky

Alot of taxi's from where i live have the halfords LED strips....Poor cars :crying:

personally the only way i'd consider LEDs is if i did a full MY09 front end conversion.

but as it is so expensive, i think i'll leave it out lol.

you can get ppl who put OEM S6 DRLs into the 8P headlamp housings and i think they look "acceptable", but not "good". up to you really but i wouldn't bother.

yes there not as bright. no they dont look daft depending on the car. look at pregnantNprouds car for example. it looks really nice with them. aslong as u dont buy the 3 pound strip from halfrauds it shouldnt look bad. ( go for the black insides, chromes ones do look chavy )

some look ok i guess but personally i wouldnt bother they arent that bright as look chavy as hell

Save your money towards buying an A3 that should have them.... aftermarkets look Chav as stated above!!

i have to say that in pictures they dont look that bright because 98% of people cant use a camera properly..... and thats the truth. having seen dectanes ones in person. I dont think they are far off the OEM light output. someone who has them please take a picture with the correct white balance and post another picture.... the amount of people asking why theyre leds look yellow or flicker should read their camera manual lol

i only say this it may sound a little harsh but i worked in the media industry as a camera man filmed and took photos alot obviously :) the problem is a camera lens needs to be taught how to read light because it does not know what white is.... to get a true perception of colour you need to manualy set what it will percieve as the whitest white if you understand me? then every colour around that will be correct...

yeah i know what you mean mate i take loads of photo's when im out up in the brecon beacons and some of them just dont look right prob the white balance and the exposure all ****** up

next time your taking photos bring along a piece of paper as large as you can.... something that does not let light through. get someone to hold it up and point the camera towards it enough to fill your viewfinder so that any surrounding light is on this paper..... then select the manual white balance setting and the colour will self learn the correct lighting in that surrounding... obviously if you then go indoors and take a picture itwill be very odd looking

Those ones aren't the greatest imho, a member here called pregnantnproud or something like that had the best ones I have seen that are not Audi. They look like A4 headlights.

Those ones aren't the greatest imho, a member here called pregnantnproud or something like that had the best ones I have seen that are not Audi. They look like A4 headlights.

Yeah, they looked pretty good. Devil lights or something, theyve got a build thread around here somewhere!