MY09 & MY11 3Door Rear Lights - Part Number - Photos

Ash B

Reaction score
Right thought i'd do a thread regarding MY09 and MY11 rear lights as there always a thread most weeks asking can they be fitted, part number, what ones to go for and where to buy them.

So here goes MY09 and MY11 will fit any A3 8P 3door 2003-Present date. Simple plug and play no coding and no other part's needed, yes its that simple:happy: I've added a few photos of MY09 and MY11 on different colour A3's. So it helps memebers decide what ones they want to go for. Cant get that many as in work and most photos are blocked. So i would appreciate it if any one who has MY09 or MY11 could add photos and just name the colour of their car:thumbsup: I will add more later when im home.
When adding photos please make sure they are no bigger than 700x524.

Part numbers:
Right Hand Drive MY099
8P3 945 095A
8P3 945 096A

Right Hand Drive MY11 Darker Tint
8P3 945 095C
8P3 945 096C

Left Hand Drive MY09
8P3 945 095
8P3 945 096

Left Hand Drive MY11 Darker Tint
8P3 945 095B
8P3 945 096B

Wondering where you can buy them? Any Audi dealer, TPS, Ebay or a fellow member Nigel user name NHN can get you some. Please don't post on this thread asking for Nigel to get you a set, private message him direct. Once you bought a set and fitted them please leave Nigel Feedback here. Stoke Audi a sponsor on the site can get them cheaper than any other main dealer so PM Dave and he will sort you out.
How much are they? Prices vary from dealer to dealer all over the UK. Stoke Audi use to charge £168.00 before the VAT increase. Contact Dave at Stoke. My main dealer Cardiff wanted £198 in November.

Lava Grey MY09
DSC03107-2.jpg

a3-2.jpg

mikesa31.jpg

Lava Grey MY11

26012011-5.jpg

photo-14.jpg

photo-15.jpg

Liquid Blue MY09
DSC03201.jpg

Brilliant Red MY09
RedMY09Rears.jpg

Misano Red MY11
brilliantredMY11Rear.jpg

Akoya Silver MY11
AkoyaSilverMY11Rears.jpg

Ibis White MY09
ibiswhiteMY09Rears.jpg

100_1155.jpg

Ibis White MY11
menewa3.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

Sprint Blue MY09
sprintblueMY09Rears.jpg

3901675524_522e1d4323_o.jpg

Mauritus Blue MY09
MauritusBlueMY09.jpg

IMG_4716.jpg

Ice Silver MY11
SilverA3MY11Rears.jpg

Phantom Black MY09
IMG_1836-1.jpg

audi0741.jpg

Dolphin Grey MY11
MY11RearDolphinGrey.jpg

Java Green MY11
30102010186.jpg

31102010192.jpg

Suzuka Grey MY09
untitledl-1.jpg

untitledkkk.jpg

5611_1193577957912_1182311906_30594497_2448838_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HHS3, WEiRd Apple, Neil Oswin and 1 other person
useful thread ash!!!
good to see your busy at work as well haha :p

nice one - but i think both the cars you called "brilliant red" are actually misano

useful thread ash!!!
good to see your busy at work as well haha :p

Haha i've just finished:moa:

nice one - but i think both the cars you called "brilliant red" are actually misano

Cheer sub, me and smoothie were trying to work out which colour car he was i'll edit it now:icon_thumright:
I always get the two mixed up

Nice one mate, i don't know what colour my car is lol Like i said it has the same paint code as VW - Tornado as quite a few of my friends have owned tornado red VW's

Also that picture makes baby jesus cry out spacers...really must get those sorted lol

Nice one mate, i don't know what colour my car is lol Like i said it has the same paint code as VW - Tornado as quite a few of my friends have owned tornado red VW's

Also that picture makes baby jesus cry out spacers...really must get those sorted lol

:laugh:
What spacers you going to get? Dont worry your not alone my car needs spacers asap! Also get some photos of your car up we only got two red ones lol:thumbsup:

There's about 30 pictures in my thread lol Im going to go 12mm rear first and see how that goes before touching the front

Great thread, but maybe edit it to state Stoke's price (as mentioned was before the vat rise) also doesnt include delivery, this is charged on top as per there thread.

May seem prudent to also remove members plate info.

Also part numbers actually arent the same, they have a letter on the ends which differentiate which are which as in, A, B or C.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrummieNeil89

wait hold on i thought yours was Misano. the bottom of the red cars is definitely Misano (i.e. pearlescent), but if you say yours is the same as Tornado (solid) then yours is Brilliant Red. wow, that's confusing lol

wait hold on i thought yours was Misano. the bottom of the red cars is definitely Misano (i.e. pearlescent), but if you say yours is the same as Tornado (solid) then yours is Brilliant Red. wow, that's confusing lol

As far as i know its "brilliant red" yes mate

Also Ibis white "S3 WOW" number plate LED's looks perfect OEM brightness, i take it he's on here? Wouldn't mind the link to those

Last edited:
Good work man, but is there any pics of a black a3 with MY11 lights. Prefer the 09 as they stand out, but think the MY11 would blend in with the dark colour, tints etc.

I agree i need to see a blacl S3 / A3 with MY11 lights, could be on the list of things to do which always seems to grow after coming on here lol

if you already have MY09 then i couldnt see myself changing to MY11s just so there darker. but depends if you felt the darker would suit better.
prices vary but around £160/170 about right.

No prob not as they sell alot of original parts.

Good work man, but is there any pics of a black a3 with MY11 lights. Prefer the 09 as they stand out, but think the MY11 would blend in with the dark colour, tints etc.

Great thread ash. Glad you used mine! ;)

To answer V16 - ash I have a thread comparing my09 & my11 lights on a phantom black. You could add them in here?

Yeah the 8P3 with MY11 100% is Misano just didnt change it. and yes it does get confusing lol.
Sub i'm gonna use some of your photos if thats ok fella?

As far as i know its "brilliant red" yes mate

Also Ibis white "S3 WOW" number plate LED's looks perfect OEM brightness, i take it he's on here? Wouldn't mind the link to those

Smoothie his name is Alex use to be a member on here but he doesnt come on here any more.
I've texted him anyway to ask what ones he using so will let you know when he replys.

Thanks fella:thumbsup: I will post some up from one of Rye thread for you.

Question is, is the price of these really worth changing from MY09 - MY11? Out of curiosity, what is the price?

Its all down to personal taste as Warren said i use to have MY09 but went for MY11 as thought it tie in better with my theme but i think i prefer MY09 if im honest.

Great thread ash. Glad you used mine! ;)

To answer V16 - ash I have a thread comparing my09 & my11 lights on a phantom black. You could add them in here?

Cheers Rye:happy: I'll go use those photos now i forgot you done that thread.

Great thread, but maybe edit it to state Stoke's price (as mentioned was before the vat rise) also doesnt include delivery, this is charged on top as per there thread.

May seem prudent to also remove members plate info.

Also part numbers actually arent the same, they have a letter on the ends which differentiate which are which as in, A, B or C.

Edited and pm'd you:happy: Regarding the number plates the ones that are not covered i never edited them as i thought well if the member posted them on a few threads just them showing they wont really be bothered if i add them here and the ones that are covered members have already done before posting. But if any one does have an issue let me know and i'll edit them on photobucket(i'll probably just end up doing it later anyway:happy:)

EDIT: Damn edit never worked, i've emailed Leon to change a few bits anyway

Last edited:

i would say that yours is misano red from your photo's it looks brighter than mine , the way to tell if it is misano is in sunlight there should be a goldy yellow flick in the paint if you havent got it i would think its brilliant red like mine

Well that didn't go to plan.
Was just bidding on some 09 rear lights on ebay, was prepared to go pretty high, so thought they'd be mine. I was wrong!
Winning bid was £160 + £13.50 delivery.
What's the point in paying that price for second hand?!?!?

Became a bit of a bidding war between the highest bidders.

Well that didn't go to plan.
Was just bidding on some 09 rear lights on ebay, was prepared to go pretty high, so thought they'd be mine. I was wrong!
Winning bid was £160 + £13.50 delivery.
What's the point in paying that price for second hand?!?!?

Became a bit of a bidding war between the highest bidders.

that's completely pointless. apparently NHN supplies them for less than main dealer prices anyway. there's no way that was worth it.

****** madness tbh I often see people pay more then rrp for used stuff on there just to say they won, I mean are these people for real, for almost that price I can supply new delivered to your door, tracked with fedex.

I just a Brand new pair off NHN for a few pounds more, literally less than the price off a pint and the buyer could have had brand new! :keule:

Arrived safely then Dan, tracking showed out for delivery today mate, cool.

Got MY11 from NHN, brand new for a good price - forget eBay Guys.

Thanks Jake, great doing business mate, look forward to further if ever in the need.

fitted my new MY11's this morning courtesy of NHN and the look really nice on a black car, only problem is the rest of the car is filthy and the light are really shiny, oh well might have to get the new snow foam lance out aswell:p

I've asked a mod to edit my first post with part numbers for right hand drive MY09 & MY11. And left hand drive MY09 & MY11. All the photo's were taken from Used Audi Locator and some of the colours could be wrong.

If any of you guys/girls have bought MY09 or MY11 rear lights off Nigel please can you leave some feedback in this thread. Even if you left him feedback on another thread.
Be alot easier if its all in one place and Nigel can always refer this thread to new memebers or members who just dont know him. Just to show he an genuine guy/seller and not some scammer that you see on other forums.

I'll add my own feedback not regarding purchasing rear lights but i bought my S3 Optic Grille off Nigel back in 2008 was delivered very quick and wrapped very well:thumbsup:

Tungsten Grey MY11
TungstenGreyMY11.jpg

Sphere Blue MY09
SphereBlueMY09.jpg

Deep Sea Blue MY09 i know its an 60plate so should have MY11 but they look like MY09
DeepSeaBLueMY11.jpg

Dakota Grey MY11
DakotaGreyMY11.jpg

Scuba Blue MY11
scubablueMY11.jpg

Misano Red MY09
MisanoRedMY09.jpg

Brilliant Red MY11
BrilliantRedMY11.jpg

Monza Silver MY09
MonzaSilverMY09.jpg

Meteor Grey MY11
MeteorGreyMY11.jpg

Glass Blue MY11
GlassBlueMY11.jpg

Last edited:
I got some off NHN Nigel too was bang on service. This needs to be a sticky!

I have just fitted some MY11 and will put up a pic when I can. I bought them through NHN (Nigel) and I can't fault the service one bit.

The only I have is that the driver side light seems to stick out a little on the bottom side corner when it's screwed tightly on, it's obviously nothing wrong with the light but has anyone else had this issue?

Other than that they look great on my 8P1 with akoya silver as you will see :)

I have just fitted some MY11 and will put up a pic when I can. I bought them through NHN (Nigel) and I can't fault the service one bit.

The only I have is that the driver side light seems to stick out a little on the bottom side corner when it's screwed tightly on, it's obviously nothing wrong with the light but has anyone else had this issue?

Other than that they look great on my 8P1 with akoya silver as you will see :)

Just take it back out and fitting it again mate. Looking forward to the photos :)

Still think you've lost the black plastic cap that goes on the end of a plastic part that sticks out at rear of lights, show us a pic of the said light rear please mate, so can see.

can someone get me a picture of a my11 with brilliant black paintwork please - thats what ive got on order with tinted windows :)