Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    S3 Owner

Status

8P3 S3 Standard Wheels - Powder coated Black?

Hi all,
    I am thinking of getting my standard 8P3 S3 (59 plate) wheels powder coated in gloss black (I am not a fan of fitting aftermarket wheels). Has anyone ever seen the standard wheels done in black or does anyone have any pictures so that I can see for myself what they will look like.
    For ref my car is an Ibis White with black styling pack so my thinking is that the wheels in gloss black would finish the look of the car off just nicely.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Gievf Buckets

Status
    im not a fan of black on wheels, check out deans a3 build for an idea, alternately im keen to sell my facelift wheels in a very unique finish which may set your car off nicely, a quick pic is in my avatar

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    im not a fan of black on wheels, check out deans a3 build for an idea, alternately im keen to sell my facelift wheels in a very unique finish which may set your car off nicely, a quick pic is in my avatar
    How much u looking for them? Any other pics??
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

S3 Owner

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    Thanks for the replies, your wheels do look very nice but I don`t think they would suit my car (as the black styling pack and privacy glass give the car a black and white theme so another colour would look out of place) but thanks anyway.
    Is there anybody on here who could do a photoshop please so that I can get an idea on how they would look (I am reluctant to pay for the powder coating on the basis of how I think it will turn out).

Cheers

4th Gear

Status
    I personally like black wheels but now I have anthracite and I love them. Even when dirty they look good IMO. have you considered that colour
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

6th Gear

Status
    I wouldnt go for black as you loss detail in the alloythats just my opinion though. I went for anthracite(like a dark grey) as it tied in with the theme on my car and keeps the detail in them. If you want any close up photos let me know.

P.s i got photos of S3 alloys in black at home will upload them later for you
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Whilst on topic, sort of, can we get a set of these in 19'' that fit?

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

1st Gear

Status
    I got the dealer to do my S3 wheels anthracite ( asked for it to be same colour as the Black edition ones )

2010 S3 Sportback, MY11, S-tronic, Sprint Blue - gone
    2010 A3 TDi 170 quattro, Black Edition, Phantom Black

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Didn't know the dealer would do such a thing, looks good though

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Gievf Buckets

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by slade777 View Post
    How much u looking for them? Any other pics??

plenty over on my build thread over on vagoc.co.uk its down as phils s3 build i will be taking more after i clean them up i took them off for winter but working over 60 hours a week leaves me little time

feel free to make me an offer on them theyre still in perfect condition only did 50 or so miles in em

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaks View Post
    I got the dealer to do my S3 wheels anthracite ( asked for it to be same colour as the Black edition ones )
    Looks good, how much did he charge you for that? Is it just a spray paint of the alloys?

S3 Owner

Status
    Thanks for the replies, I must admit looking at the Anthracite it does look very nice indeed although I would be tempted to go a little darker in shade as I want them to blend with the black detailing of the grill / privacy glass.I understand what people mean when they say that there will be a loss of detail with a gloss black finish so a dark Anthracite does look a nice alternative.

Cheers

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gordongecko View Post
    Looks good, how much did he charge you for that? Is it just a spray paint of the alloys?
    Yes, just spray paint. It was going to be 50 per wheel, but they screwed up a bit with the delivery so I ended up not paying for it.
    2010 S3 Sportback, MY11, S-tronic, Sprint Blue - gone
    2010 A3 TDi 170 quattro, Black Edition, Phantom Black

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    If your goin black, do satin and not gloss!

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge