Coilovers / drop link question

Ian_tdi

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the forum (but definitely not the car scene!), and i have recently bought some fk silver line coilovers (used but good condition - or so i was told!) but the guy didn't supply them with drop links, as they are quite a great deal shorted than standard ones does anyone know of any that are a sure fit? I have seen on here that merc c class ones may fit? Can anyone confirm this?

I also need some replacement rear springs for the coilovers, any particular suppliers I should try?

Oh and anyone in the south east help me fit them? Haha!

Oh and don't worry the guy I bought them off was on edition not here!

Thanks

I guess the coilovers didn't come with the drop links because they're impossible to get off! :p

You can get spare drop links from FK Automotive.

http://www.fk-automotive.org.uk/websale7/FK-sway-bar-links---fit-for.htm?Ctx={ver/7/ver}{st/3eb/st}{cmd/0/cmd}{m/websale/m}{s/fk-automotive/s}{l/English/l}{mi/7-2834/mi}{pi/1080645/pi}{type/abhsuche/type}{po/1/po}{sf/%3Cs11%3EAudi%3C/s11%3E%3Cs12%3EA3%20(Typ%208P)%3C/s12%3E/sf}{p1/061edfb6a328a3876159c238f115a75c/p1}{md5/a3faa5534b4b240b9d0b13705ef039b5/md5}

Nice spot! Maybe they could help with the rear springs too?

Wow thanks so much for the help! Cheaper than I got quoted to!

hi all im new to the scene was wondering if any1 knows of what tools are needed for for front drop links removal..can someone point me in the right direction on this matter. im confused to the max

I take it when you try loosening the nut the ball joint in the drop link spins around? There is probably a special tool to do this but i removed mine by jamming a flat head screwdriver inbetween the joint.

There is always more than one way to skin a cat, so, if that doesn't work try and come up with something to stop the joint from spinning.

The balljoint end has an M6 spline cut into it but good look suceeding with that, unless they are only tight for the first few turns they will round off very quickly.

Hacksaw does work well though I find. :icon_thumright: