RS3 Parts - Possibly Not Available

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have had the word from my dealer mate, there is an email floating around from Audi that the RS3 parts wont be available for sale except to RS3 owners for warranty, repairs etc, due to so many modding there cars upto S3, sline spec's as such, thats our speculative reasons as to why, which tbh stands to reason for exclusivity I guess.

Now, he's keeping ear to ground, if he updates, then I will too.

Not really surprising,given the numbers of non-original S3s around.

The S-Line thing I can just about understand,as it's the same engine spec,and only cosmetic alterations,but I've never really got the idea of trying to make for instance an S3 look like an RS3.

Last edited:
i knew they would do this... ahh well breakers it is then...

I have had the word from my dealer mate, there is an email floating around from Audi that the RS3 parts wont be available for sale except to RS3 owners for warranty, repairs etc, due to so many modding there cars upto S3, sline spec's as such, thats our speculative reasons as to why, which tbh stands to reason for exclusivity I guess.

cheers for the heads up, but that sounds unlikely to me. if they're willing to sell out the RS name in the form of the rather lacklustre RS3 just for a profit they'll do the same for the parts as well. profit is profit - i highly doubt Audi will stick to some sort of moral code just to maintain a sense of exclusivity at the expense of profit.

and as someone else has mentioned they wouldn't have any control over cars being broken so their attempts would be relatively futile anyway.

and as someone else has mentioned they wouldn't have any control over cars being broken so their attempts would be relatively futile anyway.

That's not going to amount to a whole lot of cars....with a total of 2700 being built,and not all of those coming here,I wouldn't be hanging around outside the breaker's yard waiting....

The one concern they will have, is that by law they need to supply parts for their cars for 10 years. As a result, they probably wont want the bespoke parts of the RS3 being baught up by non-RS owners leaving them short.

Having said that, they've never bothered on previous RS models...

That's not going to amount to a whole lot of cars....with a total of 2700 being built,and not all of those coming here,I wouldn't be hanging around outside the breaker's yard waiting....

Even if that doesn't work, if people want to get hold of RS parts they will. Whether that be from a friend of a friend of a friend, or from shrewd RS owners who decide to start a "business" of buying and selling parts at a healthy mark up.

Basically, where there's demand there's a way.

Even if that doesn't work, if people want to get hold of RS parts they will. Whether that be from a friend of a friend of a friend, or from shrewd RS owners who decide to start a "business" of buying and selling parts at a healthy mark up.

not to mention all the stolen ones!

TBH though, whose gonna buy carbon wings only for some idiot to knock one, then your insurance company will be asking questions, carbon wings covered, dont think so tonto, its a rather sticky situation tbh if someone manages to get them somehow on there non RS3.

Nonetheless Sub, atm there is the said email, until any updates or etka showing RS3, then I'll go with what my dealer says.

For sure...and if that fails,there's always going to be the fake parts suppliers,and the copy merchants...

TBH though, whose gonna buy carbon wings only for some idiot to knock one, then your insurance company will be asking questions, carbon wings covered, dont think so tonto, its a rather sticky situation tbh if someone manages to get them somehow on there non RS3.

Nonetheless Sub, atm there is the said email, until any updates or etka showing RS3, then I'll go with what my dealer says.

At least the carbon fans may be able to buy OSIR wings for less than OEM Audi ones now....makes them look almost a bargain.

not to mention all the stolen ones!

thats what i would be more worries about!

Can you imagine what it'd be like if Audi really did succeed in making parts unavailable to everybody apart from RS owners??
You wouldn't be able to drive down the road without somebody jumping on your bonnet and trying to rip off your front bumper with their bare hands.

Hasen't this sort of thing been done with other cars (Not Audi off the top of my head) where you need to give them the chasis number from your car, to recieve the parts?

He did state it would require chassis number etc, so audi would log the parts order under chassis numbers & would probably flag a single car ordering 2000 new front bumpers lmfao

I'm sure BMW did this once with M-power parts IIRC.

TBH, I wondered if the would do this. Its the balance between extra profit for Audi & keeping it exclusive/pure bred I guess.

I'm sure BMW did this once with M-power parts IIRC.

TBH, I wondered if the would do this. Its the balance between extra profit for Audi & keeping it exclusive/pure bred I guess.

lol the RS3 itself is hardly purebred

BMW did, yeah. i'm not saying it's never been done, just that car companies more and more are selling out on core values for profits. in a way they can't be blamed. they're a company - they're there to make profit.

As far as I know, Audi Norway is currently doing this with the RS4 B7.

But like every business, having an ok network is solving this problem! :)

WOW....Your Words Sadden Me.......:sadlike:

Vauxhall did it with the mk4 888 coupe.... its now basically impossible to get hold of anything from the cars, either new or second hand, especially now 888 have basically seized trading lol!

As said though, even if audi do do it, theres still going to be either copys made or quite a few get out from random sources

I have to say I'm not too keen on that front RS3 bumper, too ostentatious even for me lol! From the pics I have seen those fog area bits are blanked off anyway and you lose the fogs too. If I happened to come into some RS3 money I'd buy one, change the front bumper to an S3 one with fogs and take the badges off, job done. Saying that I'd have the RS3 diffuser on my hybrid..

Mate sorry to say if you bought an rs3 using think you would change the front. When you stand next to that beast. Really pictures don't do it justice. You want people to know what it is

Mate sorry to say if you bought an rs3 using think you would change the front. When you stand next to that beast. Really pictures don't do it justice. You want people to know what it is

I know what you're saying, I'd have it for it's power etc but not for the attention and the potential for the thugs who will be breaking in for the keys..

VW did it with the Beetle RSi, rocking horse poo comes to mind! Most of the kits got smashed up in the VW cup racing series and as those cars had no interior, road car RSi interior parts are mega money!

If someone is going to steal a car they are going to steal it no matter what. Enjoy things and try not to let negatives put you off. I live in Luton had car parts stolen all the time off my cars. What goes around comes around. It's the people that don't drive that don't appreciate and the ones that still do are usually the ones stealing for themselves

VW did it with the Beetle RSi, rocking horse poo comes to mind! Most of the kits got smashed up in the VW cup racing series and as those cars had no interior, road car RSi interior parts are mega money!

the whole car is! if i was a mega millionaire i'd definitely consider owning one. strange, i never thought i'd hear myself say i'd own a Beetle, but the RSi is something else

bottom line ill prob still get a hold of the parts there more than one way to skin a cat, having parts friends and having a dealer account helps

Vauxhall did it with the mk4 888 coupe.... its now basically impossible to get hold of anything from the cars, either new or second hand, especially now 888 have basically seized trading lol!

As said though, even if audi do do it, theres still going to be either copys made or quite a few get out from random sources

Who would want to buy an Opal drive an opal or make an opal look like an other opal anyway. lol

Shating!

Solution........... Ask peeps when they get their RS3 for a borrow of their chassis number and order the parts that way. Me = Genious. lol ;)

Shating!

Solution........... Ask peeps when they get their RS3 for a borrow of their chassis number and order the parts that way. Me = Genious. lol ;)

Urmm as I said audi would twig 2000 bumpers on 1 RS3, women are terrible drivers :) (cue Sarah) but would have to be a feotus to have that many accidents :)

Hi,
Can never really understand this lookalike idea ,the lengths some people go to ,to make a visible clone of another model be it up or down,if your going to modify use some initiative and make it your own.

Maybe its because the aftermarket bodykits are that crap, we want a better look that only oem can supply, in my case totally that, I didnt kit mine to be an S3, just for better lines.