No speakers in the back doors?

WelshWoody83

Reaction score
I was out in the car yesterday when my neice told me the speaker in her door wasnt working, I thought it was strange (the speaker not my neice) so I turned the fader to the back speakers only and low andf behold, no sound at all ! does this mean there are no speakers there at all and if so would the wiring for them be there if i were to buy some speakers? 6.5 inch I believe from what I can find via the search on here.
I have the RNS-E so its not an aftermarket head unit, never really noticed this before but now she`s pointed it out i want to sort it out.

Thanks

Did you have rns-e fitted from factory or yourself, also what was in before if retrofitted.

What model 8P is it, as in which line?

Its an audi a3 SE sportback 2008 model (November 2008). From the guide on here I think its 8P3 . Previously had the concert 2 in it I believe. I fitted the RNS-E myself around 5-6 months ago.

Definately not a Dynavin unit, I was the one who made the mistake of buying one for my previous A3, hence having bought the RNS-E.

SE is quite possibly the reason, I knew another guy who came to me & we also found he had no rears in his iirc SE, easy way to check is the wiring on the quadlock, see if its got any speaker wires in the rears positions for either direct or amp'd, that will answer your question immediately.

Well that was a huge let down...no wires for rear speakers....Thought i bought an Audi not a go-kart...

It's not necessarily because it's an SE but the fact that, with the Standard and SE models your get the Chorus radio and front door speakers. If you upgrade either model to the Concert or Symphony radios you get front and rear door speakers. I have an SE and choose the Concert radio and I have front and rear door speakers.

This is one of the problems with buying a second-hand car, especially as Audi make so many options available to the purchaser, is that it's often difficult to determine exactly what a second-hand car has fitted. Audi make each car to the requirements of the original purchaser.

The three digit codes on the printed sticker in the front of the Service Book or in the boot area can often tell you quite a bit. If you want to send me a PM with a list of the codes for your car I have a spreadsheet with list of what all the codes mean.

Last edited:
Thank you, I have the Audi code app on my iphone so will put them through that tomorrow to have a look....

sorry to resurrect an old thread, but out of curiousity, I have a chorus with no rear speakers in my 2010 SE. would i be able to add rear speakers to the chorus, or would it need an upgraded HU - concert symphony, RNSE etc.?

Hello everyone. It happened on my audi a4. I removed concert 2 and replaced rnse. After one week I saw that no sound coming from rear door speakers. I installed back concert 2 again. Rear speakers were working again. I think some wire need to be repositioned or do something on rnse. Has anybody ever had any expreance like this. Please share with me.

Thanks many many

It's not necessarily because it's an SE but the fact that, with the Standard and SE models your get the Chorus radio and front door speakers. If you upgrade either model to the Concert or Symphony radios you get front and rear door speakers. I have an SE and choose the Concert radio and I have front and rear door speakers.

This is one of the problems with buying a second-hand car, especially as Audi make so many options available to the purchaser, is that it's often difficult to determine exactly what a second-hand car has fitted. Audi make each car to the requirements of the original purchaser.

The three digit codes on the printed sticker in the front of the Service Book or in the boot area can often tell you quite a bit. If you want to send me a PM with a list of the codes for your car I have a spreadsheet with list of what all the codes mean.

Exactly it is called "trim" option.
Audi will ask customer what they want in their car and cust say this and that and those.. And price is blazingly bumping up and up and cust. ; eem noo actually take that and that and this off. . To lower the price :D
I am missing the rear speakers..
And looking for right ones to buy in my A3 2011 SE..

Life without rear speakers must be bliss for the back seat passengers