advice!!

nathan_wilson

Reaction score
hi all
just bought a 2.0 tdi sport and want it lowering and sitting nicely, although i dont want to buy coilovers.

wanting to go about 50mm just wondering if anyone has any pictures of any lowered around 45/50mm on 18s to see what it looks like and see if theres any scrape at all

cheers,
nathan

I'd go with H&R springs, can cost a little bit more than the others, but are always well recommended. Not sure what the drop is as it is confusing working it out, SE sport and S-line are all different heights so depends where they measure it from.
My old 3.2 sport on H&R's
P1010346.jpg

My current 3.2 S-Line on H&R's
DSC00449.jpg
]
And on 19's
DSC00456.jpg

No scraping at all, even on the 19's

Last edited:
is the ride quality as good as standard with those H&R's mate?

looks best on the 19s :D

The drop is measured from the basic model i think Ju so a 50mm spring drop is only 25mm on a S-line.

Yeah kind of thought that Paddy, just wasn't sure of the stages of drop. As for the ride quality, it's better than oem, that's why they are well recommended!

Last edited:
nice1 mate....thanks for that then :)

ill wait till pay pakcet at end of the month and have a look for som 50/55mm H&R's ready for some wheels :D

I have a 2.0 tdi sport /sportback i want to drop it at least 50 mm ,its on 17s for now and looks like its jacked up LOL .Any idea what size springs i would need ?

As above mate, although really you need 18's as 17's will look a little small when dropped