Where to place you phone?

A3SBQ

A3 SportBack 2TFSI quattro DSG
Reaction score
Hi all.

Have just changed car. I am still sticking with A3 but the new car is without Bluetooth.
This make the dash with now place to locate the phone.

I have rns-e but now cradle on the dash.

The new car is a 2009 SportBack 2,0TFSI Q S-tronic. (my dream combination)

Any tips on a god way to fix the phone?
Thanks

My car had the thb bury active cradle system fitted when purchased you can keep the system if you change phone just switch cradles .No holes in dash etc .
not sure if you can see it the picture ?
Link is for the cradle not the full system .
THB Bury Active Cradle Holder System 9 for iPhone 4G £29.83 GBP

photo9.jpg

HTH

my advice for what its worth is Buy a BT. Bought one of EBAy (second hand) for a VW Golf and it fitted a treat. £17!!

Just get bluetooth retro-fitted.

Then you can use any phone and not bother with any unsightly cradles.

Tanks guys.

I am instaling an BT system soon. But I need a safe place for the phone to sitt.
I have searced down a nice bracket from brodit.com Art.no. 653990

brodit.se

The thing is that it is for non rns-e unit only.
The pictures show a 2din unit so I think it should work. Anyone tried this?
This bracket together with the correct cradle/stand for my phone (also from brodit) makes a weary
neat instalation I think. I have used brodit many times, so no ther good quality.

Any other advice.

Does anyone have the correct part no. For the oem BT from Audi? I need then all required parts to hook it up to my rns-e.

Thanks again.

I use a really simple phone holder from a swedish company called Brodit.
The holder is like £20, and you don't need to screw or bore in the dash. It's really easy to take off, but it's not flopping about either.
It's two parts, a bracket and a holder, so if you change phone, you only need to change the holder.

I love it, but it's maybe not what you want?

I can take some pics if wanted.

EDIT:
Pic of the bracket:
brodit_853989.jpg

Josip, I already emailed you about the full BT kit supply, this includes everything to make it work, then you wouldnt need a cradle tbh as everything can be done via rns, but if needs must then Brodit are very good, my Tocco brodit is fitted round 1 of the arms surrounding gear area, very tidy tbh & full view of phone, plus easy to charge via 12v socket.

Switch it off, put it in the glove box and feel the freedom :)

Best place to keep your phone with BT is in your pocket and answer calls via MFSW steering wheel if you have one. If you don't have MFSW I can strongly recommend the Parrot models . You can mount the T shaped thingy with twirly knob in a safe place. Red and green button to make and receive calls and all your phone book transfers. Think they are only about £100!

I

Switch it off, put it in the glove box and feel the freedom :)

If only mate if only, if I had won the lottery that would be 1 thing I would use less of for sure, ouccchhh, sorry just pinching myself to wake up.

Does anyone know were you can get them brackets that go from both centre vents and you can clip your satnav and phone on? It has the same conectors that tom-toms have, like the ball that pops into the circular hole. ?

Hi all.

Thanks for all the answers.
I am going for the brodit.se holder no. 653990
This holder is for the UK marked RHD car. This make me install the phone exactly as if I had the original cradle holder. Remember I have a LHD car, so the phone will be on the opposite of the centre console from where I driving.
For UK drivers they would be buying the european styl no. 853990 ProClip to have it as I want.

The thing is, is the double din unit the same as the rns-e unit?????
If so there should really be no problems to us the bracket on the rns-e as stated on the web page brodit.com

Yes with Bluetooth you can leav the phone in your pocket for sure, but i think it is nice to have it in the visible state.

For you NHN the clip you recommended I have also thought on, but i think the phone gets to low, and the missu is used with the old location I had on the old car.

Thanks to all.

Josip

Last edited:
Best place to keep your phone with BT is in your pocket and answer calls via MFSW steering wheel if you have one. If you don't have MFSW I can strongly recommend the Parrot models . You can mount the T shaped thingy with twirly knob in a safe place. Red and green button to make and receive calls and all your phone book transfers. Think they are only about £100!

I
i agree i love my parrot bt kit luckly i had mine for sweet fa as in work they took it out of a car and were going to bin it so i said i would have , ive never had a problem with it , it always connects strait away no probs i recomend them too

That depends on your laws mate, even using the phone on the holder is illegal in UK, so lower the better so cant be seen as such but this is also dangerous, I appreciate eye level is important, so can keep eye on road at same time, but maybe thats why phone is best in pocket or on passenger seat & use BT on head unit solely.

That depends on your laws mate, even using the phone on the holder is illegal in UK, so lower the better so cant be seen as such but this is also dangerous, I appreciate eye level is important, so can keep eye on road at same time, but maybe thats why phone is best in pocket or on passenger seat & use BT on head unit solely.

Spot on !

In the UK it is illegal to actually touch the phone whilst driving. Not that many people give a monkeys about that !! Drives me nuts seeing people on the phone. :sadlike:

Put the phone in the armrest (if you've got one) or leave it in your pocket on auto-answer and just use bluetooth. If you need to charge it just use a standard plug-in lighter-socket type charger and leave it somewhere out of sight (glovebox perhaps). :yes:

i also hate seeing people driving on the blower , mine is always in my pocket if someone calls it comes up on the display on my parrot kit so never have to touch my phone plus i can make calls without touching my phone also