Spline size for from seat removal

brough74

Reaction score
Hi i need to take a front seat out and wondered if anyone knew the spline size for the bit i need and the best place to buy one ? I know a T50 torq bit is nearly the right size but it does not have enough splines on to get a good grip. Any advice on removal of the electrical plugs apart from disconect the battery

Model S3 8P2

I think it was a 10 when I did mine a few days back, will go have a look now...I had my set from Halfrauds but bought it around 6-7 years ago....

When I did mine I pushed the seat foreward as far as it would go and removed the back 2 bolts, then I pushed the seat as far back as possible and removed the front 2 bolts. Then I tilted the seat backwards into the back of the car which allowed me to disconect the electrical connections, 2 under the passanger side, black and yellow, and 3 under the drivers, 2 black and 1 yellow. they are simple enough to disconnect when you see them, other than the smaller black 1 under the drivers side which was harder to get to as the wire was quite short. The hardest part was un-clipping the wire tidy that held the cables down. Ive just been out to the car and checked, I definately used a T50 to remove the old seats and put in the new, didnt have any problem at all to be fair.

Cheers for that guys, ive ordered a set of splines with a M10 one in

Halfords £24 iirc as I advise everyone to go, very good quality tools & you get a set of 7-8 iirc.

Who needs Snapon when you have Halfords, lol, nah seriously they do some ****** good tools for way less than these socalled pro's.