Panel filters?

warrenlord

Reaction score
At some point am going to map my car. (1.9TDI) would it be recomended that if i was to fit a better filter would be before the map?

and Anyone fitted a K&N or upgraded panel filter and seen any minor differances ? slight sound/power change? i know it will be next to nothing but squeezing power is power gained in my eyes.

Thanks and hope its not been covered before.

I would think the std filter would easily flow enough for a mapped 1.9 to be honest. You will not hear any difference between filters in the air box. Save your money.

really? so just the standard filter will do, guess its money saved but had no idea what the crack was. tbh was just trying to push for as much power safe as poss.

i wouldnt have thought you would even hear any sound difference even with a cone filter on a tdi matey

As Paddy & co have also & imho correctly advised, the oem filters were tested for flow & they were shown to actually be better than some aftermarket products iirc on a well known tdi forum, now I use a bmc cda unit for few reasons, 1st no filters to change so costs down, no oil cleaning as such like K&N which I suggest you steer well clear of as this can kill the maf & also affect the engine running badly, has a more direct feed of air where as oem has a windy tubing before hitting the flat panel, whereas bmc is cylindrical with direct air into.

Now I didnt buy bmc for the increase in 100000BHP as it simply wont do this, but it has other benefits.

Buttt, lets be honest chap, 1.9tdi cant be mapped a huge amount, it doesnt matter what filter you put in it, it wont make a blind bit of difference like most cars, they all have limits.

Stick with oem & give it a hoover out once in a while which always helps with dry leaves/dust etc as I did with my oems & do with my bmc.

Just save your money to ofset your new rear lights arriving tuesday iirc :)

i wouldnt have thought you would even hear any sound difference even with a cone filter on a tdi matey

Says a bloke thats missing a T from his FSI :p

ive only got another 2 years left on the finance trust me i cant wait till its payed off so i can get a new car my cars good on fuel its just so dam slow lol

Then sell it now & refinance for a faster car lmfao.

yeah i am tempted to do that at the mo we have got a dark blue 2.0tdi 140 sport sportback with 20k on the clock for 12k in work it keeps so saying buy me buy me everytime i walk past it

can i get free t with mine mr nhn whats the code for this and does the pot come in carbon fibe lol

As Paddy & co have also & imho correctly advised, the oem filters were tested for flow & they were shown to actually be better than some aftermarket products iirc on a well known tdi forum, now I use a bmc cda unit for few reasons, 1st no filters to change so costs down, no oil cleaning as such like K&N which I suggest you steer well clear of as this can kill the maf & also affect the engine running badly, has a more direct feed of air where as oem has a windy tubing before hitting the flat panel, whereas bmc is cylindrical with direct air into.
Now I didnt buy bmc for the increase in 100000BHP as it simply wont do this, but it has other benefits.
Buttt, lets be honest chap, 1.9tdi cant be mapped a huge amount, it doesnt matter what filter you put in it, it wont make a blind bit of difference like most cars, they all have limits.

Stick with oem & give it a hoover out once in a while which always helps with dry leaves/dust etc as I did
with my oems & do with my bmc.
Just save your money to ofset your new rear lights arriving tuesday iirc :)
Says a bloke thats missing a T from his FSI :p

Thanks yeah I asked about the filter exactly because of that knowing you can't get to far with a 1.9. Will have a look at it see how clean or dirty it really is.

And they have arrived today! Lucky am off for two days as no one would of been in. Pm your way soon.