Need little help modding :-)

Davemarsden

Reaction score
Hey all i have had my Audi A3 2.0 TDI 56 plate for 6 months now and at first i wasnt going to bother doing any mods at all, but now ive had it for a while ive decided i want to.

My first few questions are i want it to sound LOUDER than it is, but no stupidly loud like u see them silly cars that sound like jet engines or tractors etc, Just a bit more "Beefier, Louder" than it currently is so it can be heard a little further away.

Will a K&N Induction Kit do this for me i had one on my old car, Corsa C and it sounded better

also the other MOD that i want is a Dump Valve, again not TOO loud but fairly loud so it can be heard by other people, Fairly loud to be fair :p

If anyone can suggest what to get etc would be greatly appreciated or any advice again would be appreciated

Cheers

Dave

Its Diesel dont get a Dump Valve, its an A3 not a bus :)

Also panel filter will make 0 difference in sound, not sure about a cone filter.

What about an exhaust?

you should get milltek exhausts they are abit pricey but you will feel the difference , my opinion id go for s3 conversion :D

Lol but wudnt an exhause be a bit too loud :p!

also what about dump valve? :O i wanttting haha

If you want it to sound abit less diesel, non resonated miltek exhaust should do the trick, it will not be stupidly loud but will give more a petrol style sound apparently. Do not get a dump valve or prepare to be branded a **** everytime anyone hears it.

there is a company that does do a diesel dump valve conversion, but as its a diesel whats the point, and not sure if it well effect performance as the diesel motor needs the constant pressure
a full milltek will improve the sound, will give it a bit more depth and help rome some of eh tractorness that you get with a diesel engine.
a real worthwhile mod would be an engine map, they make a huge difference to the car, apart from that maybe a few cosmetic mods, like update the rear light clusters to '09 or '11 spec ones or as DiKappo says, a full S3 look conversion (minus any badges)

how much do them full Milltek exahust systems cost?

also how much is a Full Remap and is it worth getting it chipped aswell :p

your looking at about circa £700 for a full Milltek... damn thats cheep compared to a petrol one!!

dont chip your car, they are a waste of money and are far from the best way of doing things, get a proper engine map, and for one of them your looking anywhere between £300-500, not cheep but well worth the money!!

i have tdi 2l 140 i'd like to do a remap but then my clutch and turbo wont last :s what about the milltek does that give u low milage? or is it loud when drving can u hear it from inside? as much

i doubt the clutch would suffer on a 140, the weak clutch seems to only be on the S3's :( but there may be an issue with the turbo, but to be honest im no expert on how the diesels react to mapping regarding turbo/clutch life

with the milltek there will be more cabin noise as it will be louder, but they do sound nice, have a little look at these and think you will agree, they dont sound like diesels!!

this ones an A3

YouTube - A3 2.0 TDI 140 DSG Milltek Exhausts

ok, this is an A5, but gives you the same idea how it changes the exhaust note

YouTube - Audi A5 3.0 TDI Milltek Accelerations, Revs & Flyby's

sound nice specially on a5 :) will my mpg change? or power? thanks

I would love a milltek for my tdi but its quattro :(

ur not gna get the a5 sound thats the v6 roaring there :D have your backbox removed and your cat taken out ( its called mufflerectonomy on youtube ). ive done it on a few cars (Fabia Vrs, Ibiza Fr, Vw Polo all tdis ) sounds alot better nice turbo spoon to. a KnN cone will give you a flutter sound each time you change gear but thats about it.