Hi, most of you senior members will remember my build thread and many chats together.
For the others, please dig out the build thread for more pics and info!
Today I wanted to inform you all that I am living a Nightmare with my K04 turbo!
Here are the facts:
- the OEM turbo (on 2+ full bolt-on spec) failed at just 73.000Km
- sent the failed turbo to Turbo Dynamics UK for rebuild and Hybridizing
- got the turbo back, and had a new RR custom remap to make sure all is working well, about 1.65bar
- performance-wise, I had a lot of torque, but not a punchy engine as I recalled from before.
- a month ago I start seeing some white smoke from the exhausts, mainly after hammering it.
- today, at only 79.800Km it started smoking BIG time, journal/ball bearing seal probably gone
Now I need to fix the car real quick, but really do not know what turbo to purchase to be safe.
Main idea is that of purchasing a new OEM part, and to have the car remapped with a Revo stage 2+, hoping it stays safe...
Any experiences and advice are warmly welcomed!
Cheers to all, AJ