POWDER COATING OR PAINTED?

marnie2k

Reaction score
Hi guys
very soon i am getting my wheels refurbed as the laquer is beginning to flake away
i have 19" RS4's in grey. what is maybe the best finish and what are the advantages of powder coating a alloy wheel rarther than having then painted (refurbed) ??? thanks

does it look better than normal wheels? (painted) what i mean does it last a lot longer than painted wheels and is there still a nice flat shine to it like normal wheels?

Looks exactly the same as paint but I have found that a powdercoat finish is much more durable - needs more force to chip it, stone damage isn't as bad and not as prone to water getting under it.

Not really much difference to be honest, these were painted:

DSC04468800x600.jpg

These were powder coated:

DSC_1317.jpg

They can still both chip either way tbh

Its on air mate, he can have it what ever height he wants within tolerances obviously

Sometimes powder coaters' wont do alloys wheels as they don't know the composition, i.e. the wheels could be damaged when baked!

The chance of this is very slim, with modern alloys and all.

I would defenitly say powder coat though.... 100 times better.

Powdercoating is a much more durable finish generally and usually abit cheaper too.

Oh right, I got a contact for each and think there's about 20-30quid difference.

The only thing i worry about with powder coating ,Would be, does it chip and if so you cant just touch it up can you?