my facelift conversion

*Müllërz

REVOlutionary
Reaction score
Hi guy pics of my a3 facelift conversion let me know what you think of the job...and if i could improve anything.
Got some eibach to drop the car by 35mm but now wondering to get coilovers.
can any one advise which has the better ride?
Dont want to spend too much on coilovers budget about 200 guess i can only get cheap makes for that price range so am i better of sticking with what springs ive got or should i go for the budget coilovers.
Want to put a sline badge on the front grill yet, link to how you do this would be appreciated

24xng5v.jpg

169kavc.jpg

295yrt.jpg

2e2ghmq.jpg

Looks good fella. Pleased with the result? Defo need to lower her lol. Go on DPM Performance Online Store for springs/coilovers.
I'd also change the alloys as they dont really compliment the car but thats just my opinion mate. I've got Jamex coilovers they were only £225 from 3000 performance if im honest i've never been one to go for cheap stuff but went for a test drive in a mate MK5 Golf and he had them. Ride was fine not bouncy and he not had any problems, had them on for a while.
Had mine on for a good 5months and i cant really complain. And the s-line badge i think most of the guys just got an S3 grille and put the s-line badge on that. If you dont mind me asking how much did the conversion cost? And did you buy new or used parts?
You got any more plans?

Good stuff mate - lowering has to be the priority now, defo coilovers if budget allows

Yea am hapy wit the results.think a shud av dun solar orange too many ibis about in my area bt u alwaz want wat u havnt got.a don't wana go 4 cheap coil overs but don't wana spend too much also am hapy with the eibachs but wit coilovers can change the drop from time to time.jus wanted some opinions on springs v coilovers.my grill is a sline so no badge place.mix of new and old mate.future plans are fbmfsw, drop,tints,look into rs3 brake system compatibility

Looks sweet mate, but what I would suggest are some skirts and drop it a little? My personal preference, but top job, well done geez :)

Forgot to mention want sum s3 skirts n a genuine spoiler not hapy wi wat av got on nw

Phil here that, wheels look awful & ruin the car looks tbh, also those rear parking sensors need to be painted in white, its the little things that matter & if these 2 things were sorted & lowered & add tints, it would be a darn sight better.

drop and tints are already planned.
any good suggestions for coil over brands(resonable price)
and wheels

Looking good mate! They did a decent job of getting it all lined up. As you said drop is needed but I can't talk mines is like a tractor, lol. Definitely get your PDC sensors colour coded mate!

Did you have a bumper with pre cut holes or did you get them cut in?

Quick fix would be to spray your wheels anthracite not black as is too dark I reckon. But all in all looking good there mate. Bet you were pleased when you went to collect it! What colour temp are those headlight bulbs?

bumper already had holes or i wud not have bothered with pdc sensors tbh, yea black would be too dark the pictures dont really show the true colour gives them a silver shine but they are much darker

Ok, I think I'm gooing to use the after market sensors myself costs soooo much less than the OEM retrofit and all you get is DIS control and ability to change sounds, volume iirc. £30+ for aftermarket, DIY fit as it seems really simple and Bob's your uncle!

I've seen those wheels before, did you get them at wheelbase? Sure a member here used to have a set... When you get a minute can you get some close pics of your sensors, and throw up a link to where you got them from please.

need to change the wheels mate - ruins the whole thing.

nice car tho man, not sure it was worth the expense you put into it but definitely a nice looking car

knowing the electrition and bodyshop i got cracking deals...and i've already got rid of most of my old parts just bits and bats left now so i personally think it was worth it cost wise...it hasnt cost me much more than doing a pre facelift s line conversion

i like that badge, but not sure how it would look on the car. Should go well with the black & white though.

I think it'll go well with and all black theme too!

Where have your original pics gone mate from your first post?

ive asked im no reply yet
a think they will be sticky pads from the pic in the ad

Very nice work on the conversion, I really want to head down to some meets soon and sit in other peoples cars to make my decision on springs or coilovers. I previously had coilovers on my t-sport and well i really dont want them again because of the comfort.

i would prefer a nice drop on springs but ill make my decision after i see a few set ups and get to be a passenger in another car.

i am deciding whether to get springs or coil overs. Just given my eibach springs back so probably b coil overs.
was the ride unbearable with coilovers?

any1 put a s line badge on a black edition grill?
there is no place for the badge like the s3 grill

Looks good. Im thinking about doing mine.....i would keep my original wing mirrors tho.....nice one going for it!

new wing mirrors are ace with the built in indicators, expensive to replace tho

jamex coilovers look alright. cheap coilovers arnt that bad considering the price u pay either. when u did your facelift did you change your crash bar? as dean just modified his old one. n what sorta price did you pay for lights?
thanks ali.

look what arrived today....cant wait to put these on. was thinking to put my existing silver sline badge on the grill and leave these for the wings??? better contast....
bf2s6g.jpg

yea good quality lad. where you going to put them on?
ebay guys...sold out at mo tho keep looking out

I got like 4 that I don't need- 2 from Facelift wings and 2 from door strips ala 06> S line.

Killumanati, did you get any coilovers sorted yet? I read eibach ones aren't that great compared to others in teh same price range.

Mines going in on Monday for the facelift, fingers crossed lol!

Anymore better pics of yours yet bro?:ninja:

I got like 4 that I don't need- 2 from Facelift wings and 2 from door strips ala 06> S line.

Killumanati, did you get any coilovers sorted yet? I read eibach ones aren't that great compared to others in teh same price range.

Mines going in on Monday for the facelift, fingers crossed lol!

Anymore better pics of yours yet bro?:ninja:

Let me know how that goes fella :) Good luck bet your excited

Best of luck mate hope it all goes well...looking into best coilovers yet