How Many Silver Colours Are There?

as400

Reaction score
Just bought a 55 plate A3 2.0tdi in Silver.

There are a few minor bumper scuffs and dont want to pay out £100's to get them fixed.

Where is the best place to buy a can of spray from? Halfords or better to go to Audi parts?

Were there several different silvers or just the one?

If you're talking about the lighter silvers then there is definitely more than one.

My car is a light silver and there is at least one VERY similar silver which isn't quite mine.

As for buying... I'd go to Audi if I were you. I went into Halfords and they didn't even do my colour.
Also, some paints change slightly from year to year, but retain the same name.

If you look in your service book there should be a sticker with the vehicle's identification data (first page). On there is the paint code number which will enable you to get hold of the right paint. I would also recommend going to Audi.

Yours I think is simply called "Silver Metallic" and that got changed to "Ice Silver" with the 09 facelift. There is Monza Silver which is a bluey Silver though this is a normally an S-Line colour.

To get the best match and the right colour, go to or ring your Audi dealer and they can tell you either from your registration or your Vin number which colour yours is.

Akoya FTW!

Interestingly there are 2 variations on Akoyas colour code, the early one which is on the A3 from 03-06 and also on A4's and A6's from those years was superceded in 2006 by a lighter one. The early one is more purply than the later one when you compare 2 cars side by side.

Akoya FTW!

Interestingly there are 2 variations on Akoyas colour code, the early one which is on the A3 from 03-06 and also on A4's and A6's from those years was superceded in 2006 by a lighter one. The early one is more purply than the later one when you compare 2 cars side by side.

Yup, I found this out when I bought from ebay an s-line defuser that went with the s-line/s3 bumper & found it was different shade!

Akoya is a hard job to get matched properly, I had some bad matches from my old bodyshop! Got it spot on now though...

Mine did good job too. Handy since i've had the bonnet & both bumpers done along with tailgate LOL. He said the paint he used was the proper paint & was dearer but gave perfect match. I saw this when i needed replacement parking sensor & got one with same paintcode from ebay & it was perfect match for the bumper I had painted by him :)

With VWs there was apparently 7 different shades of Reflex silver! Hence once side of my old BoraT was much slightly different to the other, even when accounting for some fading lol

I'm using a different guy for this round of bodywork though, but he's the best of the best judging by his previous work so its all good. He put DB9 door handles on my friends Mk5 golf:

luke4.jpg

:wub::wub: