Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

How Many Silver Colours Are There?

Just bought a 55 plate A3 2.0tdi in Silver.

There are a few minor bumper scuffs and dont want to pay out Ł100's to get them fixed.

Where is the best place to buy a can of spray from? Halfords or better to go to Audi parts?

Were there several different silvers or just the one?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    If you're talking about the lighter silvers then there is definitely more than one.

My car is a light silver and there is at least one VERY similar silver which isn't quite mine.

As for buying... I'd go to Audi if I were you. I went into Halfords and they didn't even do my colour.
    Also, some paints change slightly from year to year, but retain the same name.

1st Gear

Status
    If you look in your service book there should be a sticker with the vehicle's identification data (first page). On there is the paint code number which will enable you to get hold of the right paint. I would also recommend going to Audi.
    A4 Avant 2.0TDI 143 Black Edition, Daytona, Alcantara, Heated Seats, Tech Pack, Advance Parking, Light Pack + full LED upgrade, Power Tailgate, S Line Sports Suspension

Audi Heaven

Status
    Yours I think is simply called "Silver Metallic" and that got changed to "Ice Silver" with the 09 facelift. There is Monza Silver which is a bluey Silver though this is a normally an S-Line colour.

To get the best match and the right colour, go to or ring your Audi dealer and they can tell you either from your registration or your Vin number which colour yours is.
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    "Akoya" Silver....

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    "Akoya" Silver....
    FTW!
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Audi Heaven

Status
    "Akoya" Silver....
    Ah forgot that one!! Monza Silver replaced Akoya Silver....
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Its not quite as nice...

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Akoya silver is stunning colour but so is Avus silver too!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Very similar, Akoya just has more purple in the paint

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    you are right and Avus has more blue!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

6th Gear

Status
    Akoya FTW!

Interestingly there are 2 variations on Akoyas colour code, the early one which is on the A3 from 03-06 and also on A4's and A6's from those years was superceded in 2006 by a lighter one. The early one is more purply than the later one when you compare 2 cars side by side.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Check out Mr Lee!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    Akoya FTW!

Interestingly there are 2 variations on Akoyas colour code, the early one which is on the A3 from 03-06 and also on A4's and A6's from those years was superceded in 2006 by a lighter one. The early one is more purply than the later one when you compare 2 cars side by side.
    Yup, I found this out when I bought from ebay an s-line defuser that went with the s-line/s3 bumper & found it was different shade!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Akoya is a hard job to get matched properly, I had some bad matches from my old bodyshop! Got it spot on now though...

6th Gear

Status
    Akoya is a hard job to get matched properly, I had some bad matches from my old bodyshop! Got it spot on now though...
    Mine did good job too. Handy since i've had the bonnet & both bumpers done along with tailgate LOL. He said the paint he used was the proper paint & was dearer but gave perfect match. I saw this when i needed replacement parking sensor & got one with same paintcode from ebay & it was perfect match for the bumper I had painted by him :-)

5th Gear

Status
    With VWs there was apparently 7 different shades of Reflex silver! Hence once side of my old BoraT was much slightly different to the other, even when accounting for some fading lol
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I'm using a different guy for this round of bodywork though, but he's the best of the best judging by his previous work so its all good. He put DB9 door handles on my friends Mk5 golf:

6th Gear

Status
    Oooh - flush.... LOL

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Good huh