S3 Sportback Skirts

~RS~

Reaction score
Do I need the door sills with S3 logo on it to fit the skirts? Also do I need new door blades (as seen below)

I keep reading differing things regarding cutting/modding the existing blades and sills to fit.

So does modding the existing blades/sills work well or not?

Cheers

Yeah you do need the sills, as for the blades, pretty sure most people change them. Its costlier on the sportback due to having to buy 4 hence why maybe some people bodge them

Haha! Think that displays my point entirely lads. Some say u need em some say they modded old bits. Can the S3 logo be removed from the S3 sills?

Cheers

Last edited:
Yes you need sills and they were &*@£ing expensive! Skirts cost me £750 from TPS last year, let alone Audis price and now 20% vat, oh dear lord

That's nutz!! Tps quoted me about 300 for skirts and end caps(trade), what is the other 450 for? Seen sills (new) on ebay.de for 125 for 3dr am assuming double at most for the sportback. 750 sounds rather dear

Well I think I'm going to see if the bodyshop can mod the existing one's as I've been told that it can be done by someone whom has them fitted.

Will keep you guys updated and hopefully save you £400+ quid if your thinking about adding the skirts.

Ahh your post was misleading mate, hence why I asked.

So to clarify your talking about parts, spray and fit costs right? Or is this for the rest of the parts required - bar the skirts and end caps.

edited for clarity

PARTS ONLY cost me £750 from TPS + fitting + spraying. Here are the part numbers:

8P0853579GRU
8P0853580GRU
N90821401 (2)
N90775001 (2)
8P4853859GRU
8P4853860GRU
8P0853802A (10)
8P0853802 (2)
8P0853585 (2)
8P4 853 959 G GRU
8P4 853 696 G GRU
8P4 853 960 G GRU
8P4 853 970 G GRU
8P4 853 557 J 01 C
8P4 853 492 J 01 C
8P4 853 558 J 01 C
8P4 853 491 J 01 C

Cheers mate,

I'm going to let the bodyshop have a stab at modding the sills the blades I'll probably pick up unless they advise me they can do those as well. Cheers for the pn's & list bro

No worries lad, very expensive mod, but has improved the whole outside of mine, just more expensive as we got SBs. But remember the sayin Rich.....

More Doors, More Whores

:ninja: :laugh: :happy: :wub:

Hahaa!! I like...

I can't have the facelift done and leave out the skirts as you say improves the whole look and is key imho. I'll see how they get on at the body shop and go from there. If I need to bite the bullet then so be it but I'm 90% sure they can do it from the pics I have seen of one without sills etc.

I'll keep yas posted.

WTF! what's with the price differences? £90 for a sill I'll just wear no trousers if I go to pick that up!:scared2:

That's nutz!! Tps quoted me about 300 for skirts and end caps(trade), what is the other 450 for? Seen sills (new) on ebay.de for 125 for 3dr am assuming double at most for the sportback. 750 sounds rather dear

Yagaaaa ...Where did you see the skirts on the 3 door ? I can't find them on ebay.de......Send me a link please....:eyebrows:

Nate thanks for the parts no provided. I have ordered them a few weeks a go and now the S3 Skirts job is done.
The price was around 1000 euros without painting all parts brand new from local Audi dealer.

Hi cata,

glad you got them done mate. Lets have a pic when you get the chance :)

Given the old sills are not as high as the S3 type as they dont ave to go over anything at present, unless they cut the skirts fittings which will also possible make the skirts loose, then how do they intend to mod it to look oem, unless they whack some filler in the gap between sill & chasis which will look *****, then IMHO its a non starter.

I'm not sure but if I'm unhappy with how it looks/ or how they intend to do it I'll be buying the extra bits, but there are 3 people I know of on this forums that have done this without the extra sills or extra door moulding and they seem to be happy with the finish and it looks spot on from the exterior. Haven't seen any interior (sill) pics so not sure how this looks... So I'll see.... However, It will be nice to have save over £500 if it goes well ;)

Last edited:
Here some pictures from the mounting op.
front
DSC02519.JPG

back
DSC02517.JPG

Final
DSC02516.JPG

DSC02523.JPG

DSC02518.JPG

Mate if you want to have a proper result make this mod from the beginning to the end. Buy all the parts and mount them properly
You will be satisfied !
Best regards

As Nate said, having a sportback is a expensive job. Buy all the parts brand new and paint them good.
If you don't have all the money now buy the parts each.
But don't make hand adjustments they will not look ok !
Thanks guys for your advices hope to help others ;)

Dont mean to sound dopey or anything. but the side skirts fit over the sills/insides of the car and the s3 plate is just to cover it ?

But don't make hand adjustments they will not look ok !

Thats my point, just dont see how they can make the gaps look anthing but crap reusing sline sills on s3 skirts, but happy my car is ok, so they do as they see fit.

Here's some pics with the differences.
As you can se S3's are much smaller and thinner than normal ones.
And when removed they will be damaged as you can see in the pics
No hand adjustments :no:
Hope to help others with the mod
DSC03548.JPG

DSC03547.JPG

DSC03545.JPG

DSC03542.JPG

Hey cata thanks for those pictures, what do they say.... A picture is worth a thousand words! Quite some difference in the sill shape and height. I can see them being able to trim the original ones down height wise, but the angles and width are another story! Damn!!! Lol.... Another trip to TPS......

The skirts are fixed to car via clips & expanding rivets, I also stuck some sikaflex in places, but minimally, then you stick the sills over these & the sills have there own double sided tape already on them to affix to the skirts/car & trust me the sills stick very well without any sikaflex.

Car looks good, I am going to install my side skirts soon. I hope it will be an easy install.

Hi i was going to fit the skirts tomorrow to my sport back,i have bought all the parts except the door sills.I was wondering if anyone has successfully fitted their old sills to the car with the new skirts,from the pictures it looks like it can be trimmed down height wise but would their be a problem with the door closing due to the A3 sills being wider ? I just want to get a rough idea of what im doing before i take parts off my car.