Need a little help with a issue ......

marnie2k

Reaction score
Hello people, i am seeking your help and opinions with a issue i have with my car. I was driving to work yesterday morning and as i went through the round about at the end of the road (i was turning right so all the way round) and as i went round the round about i heard this noise coming from the N/S/F wheel. I then went to the next round about and did the same turn and the same noise again.

The noise was ... when you are stationary and you floor it from start and cars can wheel spin.... it was that noise and whilst it was making this noise for like a second - 2 second the traction control light was flashing on and off.

Now yesterday dinner i put my car over the MOT pit at my dads garage and could not find anything at all wrong with it apart from (and i am being fussy now) very minor play and i mean minor not even enough for an mot advisory in the n/s/f lower wisharm rear bush. I dont think is anything to with it but that is all i could find.

Now my honest conclusion is that with the weather being at 0.5 oC yesterday and the roads being gritty and slippy maybe it was just the cars traction control working and sending more traction to the wheel? what are your opinions please guys? thanks marnie

I'm sure this is just the traction control light with greasy roads. Mine has been flashing along my usual route to work on occasions recently. absolutely nothing to worry about IMHO.:)

oh right well in that case your have eased my mind :) i have also just noticed today that my N/S/R tyre is flat (puncture i think) i have just got it off and got in down to the tyre bay in work so that may have something to do with it?

oh right well in that case your have eased my mind :) i have also just noticed today that my N/S/R tyre is flat (puncture i think) i have just got it off and got in down to the tyre bay in work so that may have something to do with it?

I think a 'thank you' would be in order don't you ?

i have found the real problem
someone has thought it would be funny to let the air out of my N/S/R wheel ..... came to it yesterday morning after i drove it to work and saw that the back tyre was flat ....... i thought it was just a puncture hence why the traction control light would of been coming on and why i would of heard of noise from the wheels so off it comes and to the tyre bay and hoping i was getting a puncture repair done .... one of the lads who works for my dads place goes tyre is goosed as i have driven it with a flat tyre and the side wall as ripped so as gutted as i am :/ i ring tyre company for tyre and i now need to spend around £120 UPWARDS + VAT for a new tyre
thanks a lot

i have 19" RS4's on aswell running with 225/35ZR19

:(

i have found the real problem
someone has thought it would be funny to let the air out of my N/S/R wheel ..... came to it yesterday morning after i drove it to work and saw that the back tyre was flat ....... i thought it was just a puncture hence why the traction control light would of been coming on and why i would of heard of noise from the wheels so off it comes and to the tyre bay and hoping i was getting a puncture repair done .... one of the lads who works for my dads place goes tyre is goosed as i have driven it with a flat tyre and the side wall as ripped so as gutted as i am :/ i ring tyre company for tyre and i now need to spend around £120 UPWARDS + VAT for a new tyre
thanks a lot

i have 19" RS4's on aswell running with 225/35ZR19

:(

And the moral of the story is ?