AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    4th Gear

Status

Aftermarket parking sensors? Anyone done them?

I don't want to pay Audi prices for oem parking sensors but I've just got my s3 rear bumper Which will be on the car next week. I think I would want parking sensors as the bumper is expensive. Are the aftermarket kits any good? Has anyone got pictures of aftermarket kits fitted to their a3?
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

2. # ADS
    ADS

events moderator

Status
    im also thinking of getting some fitted to my car too but like wise dont want to be paying the audi prices as they are through the roof , there's plenty of kits around its just finding a good set aint it
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

Neutral

Status
    Use this link it the best ever

VW AUDI Forum - VWAF

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    I bought a set of theses
    6 Rear Parking Reversing Sensors LED 2 Front 4 Rear on eBay (end time 17-Feb-11 20:06:52 GMT)

2-3 years later and they are still working. fitted to a Nissan Patrol.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    How much is it to buy the bumper and sensons/cables from Audi? I'm looking at buying an 07 8P S3, but they don't all have "park assist" (including the one currently at the top of my wish list). Is it just a plug and play deal, or is there a lot of work required to retro-fit a genuine system?
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

Fossie

Status
    The retro-fit kit from Audi is about Ł275. This includes everything required except the bumper.

6th Gear

Status
    Dont get genuine retrofit kit mixed up with OEM. The retrofit kit, although genuine is designed for Audi dealers to be cut into a normal bumper and has additional mounting parts.

The factory ones use a different bumper, it has special mountings inside that the sensors fit to which makes it near on impossible to fit the factory sensors to a normal bumper.

Although both are genuine, the retrofit kit is much more suitable as you dont have to go to the expense of a new bumper + paint
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Can you get a genuine kit from Audi and take it somewhere else to get installed? I'm not a fan of paying Audi's labour rates.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    Can you get a genuine kit from Audi and take it somewhere else to get installed? I'm not a fan of paying Audi's labour rates.
    Of course you can - just go to the parts department and buy the kit (it may have to be ordered but should only take a couple of days) and then go anywhere you fancy to have it fitted.

However, wherever you take it, I should make sure they know what they are doing first !!

6th Gear

Status
    OEM's advantage is it connects to the canbus so you have addition of diagnosis & depending on whats fitted to car, funtions in the DIS.

The retrofit kit doesnt have these features.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    OEM's advantage is it connects to the canbus so you have addition of diagnosis & depending on whats fitted to car, funtions in the DIS.

The retrofit kit doesnt have these features.
    Suppose it depends how much you want to pay. Seems like a new bumper (and painting) is required with OEM.

4th Gear

Status
    got some black ones off ebay for 8 quid in gloss black. with the bi bi bi warning system dont like the led display ones.

Hooked them up to a 12v supply and seem to work okay. not paying over 200 quid for a set that does the same thing to be honest.
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    Yes I do these things but you're a fair way up there chap & it wouldnt be a Ł100 job thats for sure, I'd be happy to come up & do if it was economical for me, I can source parts aswell, PM me if interested.

Also ref Lee's comment, I have fitted oem sensors to bumpers with no existing fixings, its a pedantic/intricate job but certainly not that impossible.
    Last edited by NHN; 29th January 2011 at 23:04.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

4th Gear

Status
    Nhn where are you actually located? As I may need to pay you to do some stuff for me in the future
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I'd come to you.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

4th Gear

Status
    Excellent I'll be in contact with you shortly
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver