HOW TO REMOVE ENGINE COVER??

bigcheese

Reaction score
hi guys,
need some help asap, i got oil coming out from all sorts of places but i cant see exactley where its coming from because i can remove the ****** engine cover/ air box. it just feels like its gonna snap and i cant see any fixings that hold it down, anybody know how to remove it?? also has anyone had trouble with there charcoal filter? the engine managment light keeps coming on and vag com shows it being the charcoal filter. i have looked at it and can see where at some point petrol has run down it. ordered a new one from audi (80 ****** quid), the guy i spoke to says it very unusual for this to go, has anyone els had this isue or know where i can buy a charcoal filter cheaper??
cheers

Basically you need to start at the left corner and give it a good tug upwards then work your way around, make sure you are on a solid bit of plastic when you do it. Underneath there is 4 lugs that get pushed into 4 rubber grommets. When i put mine back on i used copper grease to make it easier in the future. Plenty more info on removing the engine cover on this site if you search for it.

Yes - thats the same as mine which is a 2.00l diesel.

Didn't know if the petrol ones were the same hence my asking the question !

brough74- am i pulling the whole lot or just the top half of the unit? im asuming it comes apart in half anyway!

2.0ltr petrol engine code bkd

BKD engine is 2.0 litre DIESEL. Hope you haven't put petrol in !!

Instructions given above are correct. You need to remove the oil filler cap and dipstick first.

You really need to give it a hefty tug to get the cover off.

oh right sorry mike i asked my mate what engine code it is as he is the one with the vag com and usaully know that sort of stuff. its deffently petrol. so just grap the whole unit in one corner and give it a ****** could pull yeah?.

Presumably you have removed all obvious connectors etc. first and anything else you can see is in the way.

After that then yes - a hefty tug around the edges will do it.

Once you've done it first time it will be obvious and easy from then on !

Its all one piece you need to remove the duct at the front for the air feed to the filter, and then in the back right corner the pipe that connects to the turbo.

cheers mike just got it off it totally makes sense now. just got to figure out what the part is that the oil is coming out of!