Locked out the car

Joereynolds89

2010 Facelift!
Reaction score
I understand im pretty new on here however ill do anything i can to verify i own the car

Please answer me in pms as to not publisize how to get into our pride and joys

Basically my issue is that the batterys gone flat on the car, no problem i thought so i put the key in the drivers door lock, turn and.... nothing (never used it before so never new there was an issue, or if its suppose to be electricly opperated, how stupid of audi!)

How do i now either get into the car to pop the bonnet, or pop the bonnet from the outside, or even better two wires i can supply 12v too so that the remote central locking will work

Any help will be much appreciated else it seems its going to be a nice shiny bit of ceramic from a spark plug, and my drivers window!! (anyone any idea on replacment cost?)

Thanks in advance, Joe

well this happened on my astra cabby and i had to cut my brand new 200 pound irmscher grill out...... just to pop the bonnet

Not recognise my name Russo? Cabbys going up for sale :(

How you been keeping... I think the windows cheaper then the grill in this instance, grills £300ish looking on eBay

I'm not with aa/rac as do all my own work, imagine there services to cost more then the window too

Joe

wow small world lol....... i did look at the name actually but it didnt click.... how are you. well someone will be along shortly with more help..... there are some pros on here.... you got an audi now?

Yer mate, brought it in december, the roof down part of a cabby soon wore off, and with petrol prices going up thought I'd get a diesel and make it look as good as poss, though loads more work to do yet... Won't be keeping it badged an s3 either

773c690c.jpg

It's going back to standard mate to sell I think, it's as you sold it me still but on standard wheels at the minute

Just put 12 months mot and 6 months tax on it, just had another new clutch... And needs a wheel bearing, going to put it up for about 2.5k max

The audis an early black facelift 2.0tdi, looked alot like yours tbh but with drivers side damage, it's now full s3 with the latest front end, waiting on a decent priced rns, the new rear lights and I'm done for abit.... Though now I need to figure how to get into the damn thing!

£1000 though it looks pretty awsome ATM, don't think it's going to stay looking all that great, will get it done again with funds from the cabby I think

It's a 2003, not sure what plate it's actually on tbh, swapped a private plate off it to put one on it

if its 2003 it will be 53 same as mine. u got any headlight errors on the dis? didnt happen to get it sprayed up north in manc did you? did they put the kit on for you?

Kit I put on myself, was sprayed in Boston though, got a quote off a guy in Manchester... 2 actually, there both on eBay ones for 990 and one for 800

Yer got 6 bleeps on ignition for headlight errors, trying to find how to code them
out ATM but no ones been able to tell me yet, they work fine though

ahh nice... i am doing s3 converison atm but low on funds i dont work lol.... got the s3 rear going on next week..... but there are no other bits near.... i prefer the front end before the latest one because the s3 looks the same as the sline... in the later ones that is... and as far as i know i dont think there is a way of coding out the errors something to do with the loom. although NHN on here is the guy to ask. have u done the facelift centre console conversion with new buttons?

There's a few people who have managed To code them out now so waiting on there answers

There's a double cage and facelift buttons on eBay ATM, watching to see if it sells as he wants a fair bit, if it dosnt going to see if he wants to deal outside of eBay at a nicer price lol

What rns is best to go for? Which you looking at?

Ive no idea the differences between them all havnt looked into it that much yet, but theres one on ebay at £400 i think, tempted in that, ive got the chrome rings round the heater vents, they came with the car though (dont know if there s3 ones or what, the cars a sport if that makes any difference?)

Jack it up, and get a wire onto the starter positive terminal, and another onto the chassis somewhere, and connect these to a jump pack or spare battery.

That's another issue the car is like on the picture, on a slopped driveway, really unsafe to jack it up... Gona give it ago though tomorow haha cheers

no key lock in the boot

im in now and done it

its actually scary how easy it is to get into our cars :O

anyway thanks for any suggestions

Joe

no key lock in the boot

im in now and done it

its actually scary how easy it is to get into our cars :O

anyway thanks for any suggestions

Joe
How did you get in?

I have the same issue that I just posted in another forum (see below) before I saw your post.

I have a 2010 Audi A5.

The battery is dead and the key fob battery is dead also. I tried using the actual key that you pull out of the key fob on the one key lock on the driverside door and it will go in all the way but will not turn at all. I thought it could possibly be seized and I've used the regular WD40 in the lock and a lubricating WD40 that is supposed to be for locks. Neither one has had any effect. I don't know if maybe the lock is disabled because the battery is dead or not but I'm trying to figure out a way into my car. I have not driven it in a couple of months, yes I know I should once a week at least but that's where we're at now.

Does anyone know another way to get in my car without having to break one of my own windows in my own driveway (lol) which will just cost me more in the repairs that I'm set to do?

You joined today and in your first post you're asking how to get in to an Audi by means other than the normal. Don't expect many replies......