Chris NottAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

RNS-E adaptor help!!! Single din concert to double din concert 3! HELP PLEASE!!!

Hi guys, i need desperate help with this problem im having. I bought RNS-E adaptor off ebay here is the link. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-RNS-E-adapter-A3-A4-A6-Diversity-antenna-0141-/280572190589?pt=UK_CE_GPS_Accessories_Software_ET& hash=item415367df7d

Now i bought this and tried fitting it with my new concert 3 stereo which i am upgrading from my single din concert stereo. Problem is it wont work! So i sent the item back for a refund and have bought another adaptor off them. I recieved the adaptor today and have fitted it and it still doesnt work!! its like the unit wont turn on at all, but when you first connect it the speakers make a funny sound for a few seconds and then nothing happens. I have 2 concert 3 stereos, because i bought another incase it was the unit that was the problem, but its not!! So now i have another RNS-E adaptor and 2 concert 3 double din stereos, but still nothing works!! i have pictures of the wires and adaptor connected etc. Please can someone help me. I am desperate to get this sorted, its driving me mad. There must be power getting to the units though because when you first plug it in you can here a slight noise in the unit like a cd is turning for a second or 2 then nothing!. PLEASE HELP. How do i post pictures on here for you guys to see?

Cheers Chris

2. # ADS
    ADS

:)

Status
    I had a problem like this also when I changed from single din to double din and I too got my quadlock adapter from eBay, the problem was that the headunit requires 2 lives (the quadlock only came with one live pin)
    I was told this by a member on here JohnS3 he was a MASSIVE help to me as I know NOWT about electrics, you might also find that after a few seconds you will lose radio reception, to fix this you will have to change the two attennas in the tailgate one small one at top and the large one at the bottom of tailgate it sounds harder than it actually is m8,
    If I get a chance I will check antenna part numbers for u, just gonna check my pms to see if I still have old ones from John about this
    Last edited by martinivw; 26th January 2011 at 20:02.

1st Gear

Status
    That would be a great help! Did he manage to sort the problem for you? If you could find the thread i would realy appreciate that. Honestly its driving me mad and ive spent 160 on 2 units and 60 on adaptors!! im going out of my mind!

Cheers
    Chris

4th Gear

Status
    chrisy would you be intrested in selling one of the concert 3 stereos? is it the standard double din ones that come in most audis now? i havent got enough to do rns-e yet so thinking about saving to get a concert in the mean time.
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Sorry, I've just seen this thead!

I had the same problem, I made a thread here.

In short, 2 things you need to do:

Both 'DI SENS' and '+UB' need to have power, my Quadlock only had a wire into one of them (cant remember which one) so you just need to piggy back the wire into the other one and that should give you power.

This is the image of the wiring of the Concert III stereo for reference.

And like the previous guy said, you may experience a poor radio reception to which you need to replace two items of the radio (which are located in the boot trim) which should sort it out. I fitted the parts for a lad on the forum and it worked spot on.

And you're in luck, a guy over at vagoc is selling all the parts you need for 90 here.

Before you buy the Antenna fix kit I'd make sure that you are receiving poor radio reception as some people's radio hasn't been too bad.
    Audi A3 2.0TFSI S Line SE DSG

JMB Retrofits - North East Retrofit Company

4th Gear

Status
    its all money isnt it lol
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Russo2k5 View Post
    its all money isnt it lol
    That's what happens when you buy an Audi - isn't it ?!!!!!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post
    That's what happens when you buy an Audi - isn't it ?!!!!!
    Depends really. wether your the sort of person who can do things yourself. Retrofits arent relitavely that expensive if your armed with a bit of know how. But people do make alot of money off them. Like for example i paint myself. So in that aspect its relatively cheap for me. And mechanically im ok with my dad being an ex maranello f1 mechanic he arms me with a bit of motor mechanical knowlege. I actually take his word more than most of the people in car garages.

Saying that my brother works for kwik fit. and he is an excellent mechanic apart from the crap pay. All about who you trust touching your car.
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

:)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Russo2k5 View Post
    Depends really. wether your the sort of person who can do things yourself. Retrofits arent relitavely that expensive if your armed with a bit of know how. But people do make alot of money off them. Like for example i paint myself. So in that aspect its relatively cheap for me. And mechanically im ok with my dad being an ex maranello f1 mechanic he arms me with a bit of motor mechanical knowlege. I actually take his word more than most of the people in car garages.

Saying that my brother works for kwik fit. and he is an excellent mechanic apart from the crap pay. All about who you trust touching your car.
    My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Well guys ive fixed the problem!!! I finaly got my concert 3 working!! Thanks alot for the help!

Neutral

Status

Question

Quote Originally Posted by chrisy t View Post
    Well guys ive fixed the problem!!! I finaly got my concert 3 working!! Thanks alot for the help!
    Hi Chrisy! Just reading up on this thread and I received my unit today. Quickly upacked it and got to installing it (and there was me thinking sweet, nice, easy, connect it and sorted.) Bugger, so Im having the same problem you had.

Can you let me know what it was you did to get it sorted?

Cheers mate

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhighoctane View Post
    Hi Chrisy! Just reading up on this thread and I received my unit today. Quickly upacked it and got to installing it (and there was me thinking sweet, nice, easy, connect it and sorted.) Bugger, so Im having the same problem you had.

Cheers mate
    Chrisy posted that 18 months ago mate - I doubt you'll get an answer, unfortunately !!!!

1st Gear

Status

Cheers mate
    Hiya mate, it was a while ago when i did this, however i will have a look at my rnse and try and jog my memory, ill be intouch tomorrow to let you know, cheers

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post
    Chrisy posted that 18 months ago mate - I doubt you'll get an answer, unfortunately !!!!
    Hiya Mike, long time no speak, Im gunna have to jog my memory with this one i think lol. Will have a look at this tomorrow!

Fossie

Status
    Hiya Mike, long time no speak, Im gunna have to jog my memory with this one i think lol. Will have a look at this tomorrow!
    Hi Chrisy - I'm wrong again !!! How dare I doubt you ? Hope all ok with you and good luck remembering what you did 18 months ago.

Me being an old fart, can't remember what I did yesterday !! lol

Cheers

Neutral

Status
    Hiya mate, it was a while ago when i did this, however i will have a look at my rnse and try and jog my memory, ill be intouch tomorrow to let you know, cheers
    Brilliant, you would be a legend if you could enlighten me! I was in dispare when I thought you may not reply! Good on you mate. I look forward to hearing from you

1st Gear

Status

Cheers mate
    Right managed to find this after a long search through my archives lol. Heres what you need to do:

You need 12v on the pin labelled DI-SENS. Have a look on this pic... Your adaptor will have +12v on pin "+UB" and you will have to get a repair wire from Audi (part number 000 979 133) and push this into your adaptor then link it to +UB and all will be OK. Now i never got the wire from audi, i just used a npeice of wire i had lying around from an old stereo harness! Have a look at the pic of the diagram, hope this helps mate. It worked for me, should work for you no problem! If you are having problems however i dont mind if you want to post me your harness and i will sort it for you. No probs either weay.

Let me know how you get on bud. Here is the link for the photo: http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...rtIIpinout.jpg

Cheers

Chris

Neutral

Status
    Right managed to find this after a long search through my archives lol. Heres what you need to do:

You need 12v on the pin labelled DI-SENS. Have a look on this pic... Your adaptor will have +12v on pin "+UB" and you will have to get a repair wire from Audi (part number 000 979 133) and push this into your adaptor then link it to +UB and all will be OK. Now i never got the wire from audi, i just used a npeice of wire i had lying around from an old stereo harness! Have a look at the pic of the diagram, hope this helps mate. It worked for me, should work for you no problem! If you are having problems however i dont mind if you want to post me your harness and i will sort it for you. No probs either weay.

Let me know how you get on bud. Here is the link for the photo: http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...rtIIpinout.jpg

Cheers

Chris

You my friend are a legend, thanks for a simple detail of what I need to do. Some times I look at peoples methods and Im left thinking "what?" lol.
    I understand now what needs to be done - I haven't got round to it yet because I need to find a spare female pin and wire to push into DI-SENS and piggy back off +UB, if i cant find one I will have to visit the local audi, and NO DOUBT they will charge ridiculously for a piece of wire. Unless anyone else knows where I can get my hands on such a wire/pin else where?

Massive thanks Chrisy for your help - I will let you know how I get on!