Water in footwell + rear washer jet not working + aircon knackered

munchkincoupe

Reaction score
Ok having fun with my car at the moment

2004 2.0 tdi Sport 3 door

Aircon hasn't worked since I got it - took it to a trusted aircon engineer and he's tried everything except replacing the whole aircon unit which is on my to do list but will cost me £480 all in

Rear washer jet stopped working in the big freeze. Cleaned nozzle and it's passing water no problem. Stripped down the bootlid and no signs of water there. When i pull the stem to work it I can hear a running water sound around the drivers footwell somewhere

Hoovered car out today and the carpet is wet under the front left side of the driver's footwell and it feels soapy and lathers slightly when I rub it

Does the rear washer tubing run through there or do you think it's related to the aircon?
Would the front bumper need to come off to replace the aircon condenser? ie, could they fix the washer jet at same time as aircon?
Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks for your help

I have done lots of searches but nobody seems to have all 3 problems at once :tapedshut:

I believe the rear washer tubing runs through that area but it also sounds like the aircon unit needs a good dose of looking at !! Fix rear washer first and then look at the aircon.

What is the third problem ??

yes the pipe runs there it has a joint i think in the drivers footwell area so it has prob come off thats why its soapy its your screen wash all over your carpets lol

The pipes either popped off or split in the cold weather if the car gor frosted. Happened to our A6 in 3 joints!!! Loads of water lol!

mine has messed up too but the snow has snaped the spring in the wiper arm so its either de wiper time or aero wiper time still cant decide lol , any luck with your car sarah ??

mine has messed up too but the snow has snaped the spring in the wiper arm so its either de wiper time or aero wiper time still cant decide lol , any luck with your car sarah ??

Like I said in an earlier thread - don't blame the snow - never try to clear snow off a screen with the wipers !!!!

Hiya Fran, its back in Friday....again!! lol

Looks like its the inner CV joints! Could be both too, just hope the outer ones are ok. Will let you know after Friday how it goes.

Like I said in an earlier thread - don't blame the snow - never try to clear snow off a screen with the wipers !!!!
i didnt use it , it snapped as i put up the wiper to clear the snow off the car must have been too cold and brittle or something , i allways clear the snow off by hand i know what i does to your wipers and the motor too

Aero wiper is far better tbh, just my thoughts. Will look great on your car too.

hope it gets sorted out finaly eh

Yeah its driving me mad and im getting paranoid other stuff will get damaged the longer it takes to sort! Seems theres play in the drive shaft with up and down movement. But cant wait til hes sorted, love my car and its spoiling it.

me too every noise i hear i think whats braking now lol im going to take my car to the garage that did my gearbox next week as the noise its making is the same noise it was making before it went bang and i dont want that happening again it cost me £650 to fix that money is my facelift money or new wheels lol

me too every noise i hear i think whats braking now lol im going to take my car to the garage that did my gearbox next week as the noise its making is the same noise it was making before it went bang and i dont want that happening again it cost me £650 to fix that money is my facelift money or new wheels lol

Best get it back there, gives peace of mind.

Yup you need to save the pennies as this summer could be your conversion!

Odd isnt it, the myth Audis are reliable lol!

yeah it is peace of mind im hoping its just an engine mounting gone thats alot cheaper than another gearbox lol , yep i wasnt going to do it i had second thoughts but now ashley changed my mind again im just going to do the sport full frame grill for now with a black fk grill and a votex front spoiler and maybe add the s-line front bumper later on when moneys a bit better , sport bumpers on ebay are cheap as **** loloh ps.. soz for the thread hijack lol

Odd isnt it, the myth Audi's are reliable lol!

Given that a lot of the components that might give trouble like coil packs and ignition systems Suspension, uj's, CVJ's etc are bought in, off the shelf parts as fitted to most other cars its not surprising the reliability is average. One of the biggest failures of the Bentley coupe is the coil packs and guess what ? they are straight swap with Audi :)

my audi has never failed to start which is a good thing but two of the coil packs have gone in three years but at £25 from euro car parts they arent that baddly priced

Remove seat, side plastic trims, lift carpet & hold it up with some wood to get a torch in & check mate, probably expanded water pipe in cold weather & its cracked, I dont think its too bad a fix, could cut & join, whack some sikaflex or some sealant round the joint, leave for a day then test, if ok, test with constant pressure to make sure seals are holding then refit everything.

NHN - thanks for that - does the pipe run along the central tunnel then or along the edge of the car and is running into the lowest part of the footwell?

You can buy push in connectors in Halfords ( odd packs) if you need to cut out a split and make a join.
Well worth running at least 50% screen wash during the winter to avoid the pipe freezing.
Pretty sure the pipe runs on the side, not the centre.

Yeah I'm also sure it runs down the same channel as the looms, so right against the edge.

Thanks fellas - I've swapped several car interiors before so should be ok just never had to lift a carpet before!

Washer tubing had separated at the joint to the right of accelerator pedal. Dried carpet and underneath as much as possible. Resealed the joint with high pressure hose instead and cable ties + sealant. Pressure tested and all good. Refitted trim and seat. Now got airbag light on but that will get cleared next week when exhaust tips go on - just the aircon to sort now!