Is there a How To for swapping an interior?

Jibaro

Reaction score
I'm intending to change my cloth interior for leather - I've had a search but can't find a how to. Am I likely to run into problems putting a 2009 interior into my 2005 car? My car has electric lumbar and light pack, the newer interior doesn't have these but has heated seats and folding mirror switch. Am I likely to get a load of error messages from not having these things wired up, and will the door locks and windows still work ok? I'm considering moving the door card wiring looms across so I can keep the puddle lights etc from the light pack. Is there a lot of cost involved in getting the heated seats to work seeing as I haven't got the wiring in the car?

Any help much appreciated!

as long as its the same model ie 3door into 3door then yeah i think it should be ok , i would transfer the wiring for the puddle lights cant be that hard surely dont know on the seat heating tho soz mate good luck let us know how it turns out , im sure someone else with more knowledge will be along shortly

Easy swap to do, just need a spline bit to remove the seats and battery cover if it's in the boot (disconnect battery to stop air bag going off or warning light staying on after your done, may still need a vagcom reset tho but mine was ok) and torque bits for the door panels. I did it, my old leather (5dr) interior is on eBay.

if you change the door cards for 2009 ones youll have to repin the doorcard

if you change the door cards for 2009 ones youll have to repin the doorcard

Can you tell me what that entails P5SND, the cards I've got have got a date of manufacture of 08/10/2008. I'm intending on using my old looms, do you think the mirror, window and lock switches will still throw a wobbly?

its just a simple repin, did the interior come out of a car with indicators in the wing mirrors?

I don't know if the mirrors had indicators, but they were folding, which mine aren't. Do you mean by repin moving pins out of the plugs?? I think I'd rather transfer all the old switches across seeing as I'm using my old looms anyway, I'm surprised I need to tho but if need be I will. Just don't want no warning lights coming on in the dash