Armrest

andyam

Reaction score
wow, i paid £100 for a leather arm rest that didn't have a broken latch

it didn't have a bolt, but that's hardly an issue

wow, i paid £100 for a leather arm rest that didn't have a broken latch

it didn't have a bolt, but that's hardly an issue

That's a great price for leather - must have been a while ago.

Just noticed the bit about the broken catch - you can't buy them cheap from Audi, you have to buy a complete new lid !

Smart **** - why didn't I think of that ?!!! :keule:

Good job we don't need one if that's the going price these days eh matey? :laugh:

I spent months looking for one, finally picked one up for £40, sweated buckets at the thought of fitting, fitted it.... and then sold my car a couple of weeks later. :faint:

My current car came with one from factory.

Slightly off topic, but something I've noticed........... it seems that retrofitted armrests get in the way of the handbrake slightly. But my factory fitted one doesn't, and neither did another car's factory fitted armrest.
Strange because when retrofitting it can only go in one place, it's not like you can fit it incorrectly positioned.
Weird.

I spent months looking for one, finally picked one up for £40, sweated buckets at the thought of fitting, fitted it.... and then sold my car a couple of weeks later. :faint:

My current car came with one from factory.

Slightly off topic, but something I've noticed........... it seems that retrofitted armrests get in the way of the handbrake slightly. But my factory fitted one doesn't, and neither did another car's factory fitted armrest.
Strange because when retrofitting it can only go in one place, it's not like you can fit it incorrectly positioned.
Weird.

I paid £60 for mine but at least I've still got it !!

Very interesting about the factory fit not causing a problem with the handbrake. Mine doesn't when it's folded back (I'm a master at stating the bleedin' obvious!!!) but what is the difference ?

Mine, from vertical, can only be locked in a horizontal position after closing down completely and then pulling back upwards to the desired position. In order to do this the handbrake needs to be off.

From there on the only slight inconvenience is pulling the brake upwards to engage.

You haven't got one of these fancy electric handbrakes that doesn't need a lever have you ?? :think:

the factory fit one in my 1.6 did conflict

is that the sportback from ebay? i was baout to buy then he said he sold it!!

nope this was before you were a member lol - a little while back. i still haven't fitted the damn thing

the factory fit one in my 1.6 did conflict

Both my 09 and 10 factory fit did also. My dealer says "it's a feature, not a fault!". When I pressed them on the subject the Master Tech said that a lot of people have been complaining about this and that Audi's official reply is "the armrest should always be stowed before using the hand break".

Does anyone have the template to cut the armrest hole??

if you do a search i asked the same question - and aythreee kindly provided some measurements

Both my 09 and 10 factory fit did also. My dealer says "it's a feature, not a fault!". When I pressed them on the subject the Master Tech said that a lot of people have been complaining about this and that Audi's official reply is "the armrest should always be stowed before using the hand break".

yeah same thing happened to me. no point in arguing with these ppl - they messed up the design but damned if they'll admit it

i dont know how some armrests dont interfere with the handbrake? theres only one place for it to locate? this ****** me off so much, i literally have a hole in the back section of the leather on my handbrake from where people drive my car pull the handbrake up and it rubs... Worst was when it came back from Audi after about a month of ownership with a chunk out!! & i couldnt do jack all about it!!

Thinking about it... its the height that I had it set at rather than the front/back positioning.
I always have it on the second click up and it doesn't interfere with the handbrake at all on the factory fits I've experienced.
On a retrofit on the same click, it did. Does on my mates too.
Chance it could be to do with the handbrake height when applied though.

Probably all just coincidence.

i dont know how some armrests dont interfere with the handbrake? theres only one place for it to locate? this ****** me off so much, i literally have a hole in the back section of the leather on my handbrake from where people drive my car pull the handbrake up and it rubs... Worst was when it came back from Audi after about a month of ownership with a chunk out!! & i couldnt do jack all about it!!

New handbrake covers can be had quite inexpensively, and it's a 2 second job to change them