MY A3 SLINE - BUMPER HELP?

marnie2k

Reaction score
hi guys just a quick one. ive got a 2005 55 reg a3 sline "3 DOOR" without the sline bumpers... has all the sline spec but not the s-line styling pack (front + rear sline bumpers). im in the debate of getting front and rear sline bumpers but i need to know this... do i need to get bumpers that have come off a 3 or 5 door a3? or will lets say a 5 door a3 front bumper fit on my 3 door a3? also the rear s line bumper... i have seen some peopes a3's with 2009 - 2010 s line rear bumpers??? will they fit aswell? thanks

Front bumper... 3 or 5 door will fit.
Rear bumper... only 3 door will fit.
Any age 3 door rear bumper is fine (according to someone on here).

right thanks aythreee that is most helpful :) would you put a 2006> rear bumper on though or a new 2010> bumper? In Your Opinion???

cheers pal i may go for that one but i prefer to keep things all standard so i might just get the 2006 bumpers as you can see a lot of differences between a 8p3 and 8p2 :) i dont wanna make my carl ook like its trying to be a 8p3 :)

yeah i suppose your right mate hehe :) thanks for the advice by the way :) i dont suppose you know wre i can find these rare f*cking bumpers do you lol?

lol, no worries mate. Just keep an eye on ebay for them, that's what I'm doing. You're my competition now! :happy:

i dont wanna make my carl ook like its trying to be a 8p3

Why they look sooo much better, lol. I may have a front bumper + bonnet if my buyer pulls out. Will let you know if your interested.

On second thoughts you might not need the bonnet as yours is a 55

I may have a front bumper + bonnet if my buyer pulls out. Will let you know if your interested.

And I may be interested in the front bumper if your buyer pulls out and if marnie isn't interested. :yes:

If so, just PM me what you're asking for it. :thumbsup:

front bumper? please explain? u mean to an 8p3? an 8p3 front bumper wont fit my 55 reg a3 will it?

front bumper? please explain? u mean to an 8p3? an 8p3 front bumper wont fit my 55 reg a3 will it?

You're correct, an 8P3 front bumper will not fit your car. So RS... I guess I've got first refusal now! :eyebrows:

Nah, I'm just kdding... RS's front bumper is an 8P2 (i'm assuming), so it will fit your car.

ah ok good good :)
well here is a question for ya i was just on ebay and was looking at a a3 2006> rear sline bumper valance "only"
when you get the sline rear bumper would i have to get a new sline rear bumper (top part + bottom valance) or would i be able to just buy the bottom valance and fit it to my original rear bumper?

well here is a question for ya i was just on ebay and was looking at a a3 2006> rear sline bumper valance "only"
when you get the sline rear bumper would i have to get a new sline rear bumper (top part + bottom valance) or would i be able to just buy the bottom valance and fit it to my original rear bumper?

It is possible ;) Someone on here fitted an Sline valance to his sport bumper, but had a job fully securing it and I think he ended up securing it with cable ties lol. But no, its not a straight fit.

You would want to buy a complete s-line rear bumper (top part and bottom valance).
Buying the s-line valance and trying to fit it to your non-sline bumper will not work. And would also be pretty pointless as the whole thing will look pretty much unchanged. The main appeal of swapping a standard bumper for an s-line bumper is that the s-line bumper is smooth (i.e. does not have the rub strip running through it like a standard bumper).

right i understand now :) glad i asked rarther than just but it n look like a bafoon :( thanks