A4 17" wheels on S3

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
ok, thought i'd start another thread seeing as i can't find the info on search.

I am after some 17" wheels for an 8P S3, ideally some that look half decent for some winter tyres..... question is can i look at A4 wheels too as most of these seem to have 235 tyres stretched across them, also worried about the ET ...dont want them fouling the front calipers or indeed sitting out of the arches!!

anyone?

Think the centrebore is diffrent on the A4? so you would need to buy a set of adaptors. Think the ET is the same or very similar.

For winter wheels I would just buy some 17" A3 Sport ones tbh, also if you are wanting to width for performance reasons the winter tyres do not handle too great anyway, I would just save the money and buy a skinnier tyre.

Mine are Dunlop Winter Sports (3D) on T4 steels

I wanted to keep to 225's if possible the same as what they come with. Aren't the a4 wheels Pcd112 just like the A3 8P.... Pretty certain they are

the centre bore is not the same as the PCD

depends on whether you're talking about the B6/B7 A4 or the B8 A4

care to specify what year and what wheels?

The B8 is about 1cm bigger on the centebore, I know as a mate of mine wanted to try one of my spare S-Line wheels on before he bought some, they didnt fit. The A4 wheels would fit on the A3 but you would need adaptor rings to centralise the wheel on the hub.

most likely B6/7 chaps as wat new styles wheels but not bothered about spending a fortune seeing as they are only for probably 1 alps trip per year

exactly, same thoughts as me mate.... although was hoping for a set of them for close to that :)

yeah I dont know how that guy sells anything at those prices, all his wheels are extortionate!